Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is they will be powered as soon as the final signoff happens just like the previous ones and they will have the grand opening very soon after that. The synching of the opening of the two might mean one is 'soft opened' slightly longer than the other.

Awfully quiet on the I45 SC front - I heard they were opening next week - anyone have info on dates or new pics?
Went by Corsicana tonight. 6 bays finished with electricity hookup on Monday. Leslie site manager and Larry very nice. Interesting info. from Larry. Bays labelled 1a 2a 3a 1b 2b and 3b from left to right. 1 SC supplies power to 1a and 1b so if there is a car charging on 1a, try not to use 1b if possible. Likewise for the other chargers. Will reduce charge rate by 50%. Technically only 3 SC with 6 bays. Can call Leslie on Monday if anyone needs to know when power will be available for cars. Cell 214-693-4810. Will post pics tomorrow. Have a good weekend everyone. Jack

Went by Corsicana tonight. 6 bays finished with electricity hookup on Monday. Leslie site manager and Larry very nice. Interesting info. from Larry. Bays labelled 1a 2a 3a 1b 2b and 3b from left to right. 1 SC supplies power to 1a and 1b so if there is a car charging on 1a, try not to use 1b if possible. Likewise for the other chargers. Will reduce charge rate by 50%. Technically only 3 SC with 6 bays. Can call Leslie on Monday if anyone needs to know when power will be available for cars. Cell 214-693-4810. Will post pics tomorrow. Have a good weekend everyone. Jack

Thanks for the update.
I met Leslie and her crew three weeks ago.

IF they are turning on power Monday, the soonest they would do a Ribbon-Cutting would be Thursday, (maybe Wednesday).
Or anytime the following week.
Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday are the standard Ribbon Cutting Days.

I'm just back from my 3,000 mile trip into The Wild (okay, one Supercharger in NC).
Traveling is SO much easier and quicker and cheaper with Superchargers...

Thanks for the recon! I'm driving from Dallas to Houston again Wednesday afternoon. If Corsicana and/or Huntsville are powered by then my route will be very different. It would be awesome if you could reach out to Leslie early next week and post and update.

Thanks again!

I had a small problem with supercharger 4b in Waco. It seemed to max out at 85amps. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cable, but that didn't help. I moved over to station 3b and it immediately jumped up to over 200 amps as expected.

I tried the same stall about 2 weeks ago with no problems. Has anyone else tried that recently? Just curious if it was a one time fluke or if that stall has a small issue.

How unfortunate! I have attended all three previous Texas SC ribbon cuttings and had intended to do the two new ones.

Don't give up Hope: I can't believe they would SIMULTANEOUSLY open two new SC stations that close together.
IF they actually open both on the same day, they would Probably do a morning event at one location, and an afternoon opening at the other location.
So you get there early, charge up before the crowds, participate in the event, and scurry off to the next event, repeat.
That would be quite a two-fer: two SC Openings in ONE DAY.

My speculation only, no inside or prior knowledge.

I'm heading to Galveston County on the 25th - from Mckinney. Which, now, means 85mph!

Score!

With my Roadster and now my MS, I have spent a lot of time looking at spreadsheets and planning the best speed to drive with intermediate charge points to minimize total trip time. Its not exact, but with a long charge needed, or certainly with multiple charges, a rough rule of thumb was to drive at the speed of your charging. I have done way too many trips driving at 50 mph because I just could not bear driving 35 or 40 mph...

The wonderful thing about Superchargers is that with 200, 300, and 400 mph charge rates, the speed limit driving is now determined by you and the state, not by the chargers! :wink:

Enjoy your drive! :biggrin:

Checking this great thread every day to see if I can drive Houston-Dallas this Wednesday rather than take Southwest. REALLY looking forward to Huntsville and Corsicana SC openings. Should I call the (214) number earlier in the thread to find out if they are operational?

Just watch out for loose trailer hitches. :)

If you think about resetting your trip-meter prior to that trip South and North, I would be very interested in your Wh/M both directions & your charging time. I'll be doing a similar trip down I-35 to New Braunfels later that week, and I'll post my real-world results as well. I will probably have some holiday traffic, and 35 isn't as much of a wide-open drive, but it will be great.

Andy

Checking this great thread every day to see if I can drive Houston-Dallas this Wednesday rather than take Southwest. REALLY looking forward to Huntsville and Corsicana SC openings. Should I call the (214) number earlier in the thread to find out if they are operational?

Even if the I45 Supercharger's aren't complete, I recommend the drive. Drove to Houston and back from my house in Denton through Waco/Columbus last week and it worked just fine. Including charge times the trip was 7.5 hours which means about 7 hours if you're stopping in Dallas or Fort Worth. I would still rather do that and have the car with me then fly and mess with airport security and rentals.

Definitely call Leslie at end of work day to see if SC operational tomorrow.
Post here and let us all know :). Jack