Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is STILL UNOFFICIAL, but:
Both Texas SC stations will Open Next TUESDAY, Nov. 19, 2013

Corsicana Opening Ceremony will be @ 10 AM

Huntsville Opening Ceremony will be @ 4 PM

I am making plans to be @ Corsicana's, and pick up some more CSB baked goods...

But can you use it now? I see a picture with the car plugged in.

Corsicana has been added to the supercharger list and map on Tesla's site! And yes, it is operational, people have successfully charged there.

Thanks so much. I have a car show tomorrow in Lindale. While there should be enough range to get me there and back, if there isn't (or maybe even if there is), I can stop at Corsicana, which is a bit closer.

Thanks so much. I have a car show tomorrow in Lindale. While there should be enough range to get me there and back, if there isn't (or maybe even if there is), I can stop at Corsicana, which is a bit closer.

Well, the SCs in Corsicana are operational, and that's what they are there for: To Be Used.

What time is your car show in Lindale?
I still have some cards for you...

image.jpg
From Leslie in Corsicana today. Tyler and Grapevine next is the word on the street. Grapevine seems like an odd location to me.

Well, the SCs in Corsicana are operational, and that's what they are there for: To Be Used.

What time is your car show in Lindale?
I still have some cards for you...

It was from 08:00 to 14:00. As it turned out I ran out of time so didn't stop at Corsicana. It was a pretty good show. Lots of folks who never saw a Tesla before.

From Leslie in Corsicana today. Tyler and Grapevine next is the word on the street. Grapevine seems like an odd location to me.

Grapevine is very odd. Makes no sense at all. Tyler makes a little sense if you want to connect Shreveport and Dallas.I kind of figured they would connect Texarcana/Little Rock first though from the maps it doesn't look they want to cover the Dallas to Louisiana routes at all.

Grapevine is very odd. Makes no sense at all. Tyler makes a little sense if you want to connect Shreveport and Dallas.I kind of figured they would connect Texarcana/Little Rock first though from the maps it doesn't look they want to cover the Dallas to Louisiana routes at all.

The (old) original SC maps have not been updated.
They have some general resemblance and guidelines to anticipated actual locations, but may NOT be the actual locations.

Temple and Hillsboro proposed locations morphed into Waco (Bellmead) actual location.
The dot that is supposed to be indicating Waco is still in the Hillsboro vicinity.

Tyler/Lindale make sense for I-20 traffic toward Shreveport.

IF they wanted to have a better general participation level for a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony(ies), a Friday or Saturday would certainly help.
Jobs and logistics of travel *with potential wait times for recharging* prevent some folks from attending Tuesday and Thursday Ceremonies.

I missed the ribbon cutting ceremony for Quartzsite AZ {the first Supercharger in my state :( } ... vacation!! .. I'm soon to return from the islands:). I think it is O.K. for ribbon cutting ceremonies to be limited to.... the "First Supercharger" in each state. Once a State is on the supercharger map, unless a ribbon cutting ceremony can be used for major publicity, it will save Tesla money in the long run, helping them focus on the national supercharger roll out. I know we all love the attention the ceremonies bring Tesla, however, unless they are huge media draws, one in each state should be enough!

I missed the ribbon cutting ceremony for Quartzsite AZ {the first Supercharger in my state :( } ... vacation!! .. I'm soon to return from the islands:). I think it is O.K. for ribbon cutting ceremonies to be limited to.... the "First Supercharger" in each state. Once a State is on the supercharger map, unless a ribbon cutting ceremony can be used for major publicity, it will save Tesla money in the long run, helping them focus on the national supercharger roll out. I know we all love the attention the ceremonies bring Tesla, however, unless they are huge media draws, one in each state should be enough!

Having attended the Silverthorne SC ribbon cutting, what I found is that the ribbon cutting is as much, if not more, for the local hosts. It is more important that they see the value of giving up 4/8 parking spaces for having Model S owners visit, than for the local Model S owners to see a new Supercharger.

I just visited the Austin Gallery and was told there will be no ribbon cutting ceremony in Corsicana/Huntsville because Columbus was disappointing.

Never, never, never give up!

Corsicana is now open for usage.
I received an email and a photo from Leslie yesterday evening, the last thing that her crew needs to do is wait for the wood around the "horse stall" to dry, then they will paint it white.

New information today, again still NOT OFFICIAL:
There will be staggered Opening Events and Ribbon Cuttings for both Corsicana and Huntsville, Tuesday the following week Nov. 26.

Be on the look-out for formal/official emails this coming week.
Just in time before Thanksgiving travel.

WhooHoo!!