Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text message asking to confirm purchase agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a text message both yesterday and today saying the following:

Congratulations on taking delivery of your Model 3! By responding YES, you confirm that you took delivery of the vehicle with VIN xxxxxxx on 4/3/2019 and that you agree with your final Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement, which is available in your Tesla account.​

I've had the car for 2.5 months, so not sure why anyone from Tesla would legitimately be sending me this text. Anyone else get a similar text? It is from an area code 510 number.

I received the same message by email. I didn't respond because it asked me to reply if I collected the car on a specific date and I didn't collect it that day so no reply. That was on 27th December and a month after collection. The return email ([email protected]) seems to be genuine but who knows why they want to know.

I have received text from Tesla, followed with an email from a person on same subject.

The email they sent had all of my contract/personal info attached. So I assumed it was legit and had no issues.