Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text message model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Run Android Auto on your phone, it will auto turn it on, on the phone when it connects to Bluetooth. The use the phone audio. You can use all the google assistant functionality while you're at it. Works great with replying to txt's or other messages, playing stream music, asking for the weather, etc.. etc..

I agree with AlbinoRhino. Silly me, I just assumed it would be a part of the entertainment system considering that it's pretty mainstream with all other manufacturers by now. Any passenger that realizes there's no integration has always reacted with a negative sort of bewilderment, like, "How could they have left that out?" And without a doubt it is more hazardous to use your phone, which is a pretty default reaction to this omitted feature. I have to admit, I can't quite wrap my head over not addressing this while at the same time increasing their focus and effort on stuff like....ehm...Beach Buggy Racer 2? Haha seriously?

Reactions: Aellinsar
I agree with AlbinoRhino. Silly me, I just assumed it would be a part of the entertainment system considering that it's pretty mainstream with all other manufacturers by now. Any passenger that realizes there's no integration has always reacted with a negative sort of bewilderment, like, "How could they have left that out?" And without a doubt it is more hazardous to use your phone, which is a pretty default reaction to this omitted feature. I have to admit, I can't quite wrap my head over not addressing this while at the same time increasing their focus and effort on stuff like....ehm...Beach Buggy Racer 2? Haha seriously?

I'm not sure why folks keep thinking Tesla is spending any actual programming "effort" on games.

So far all the games have been already existing, usually quite old, games- meaning someone else developed them and Tesla did little more than pay for the rights to load them and add a menu option for them. Even more recent games like the forthcoming fallout shelter is a case of the actual game developer doing the port work, and Tesla just loading it and adding it to the launcher.

It gets lots of great, free, advertising for both Tesla and the game developer, but doesn't really involve any 'effort' on Teslas part that would otherwise go to significant programming improvements in the car.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Yeah I don’t know how reliable the info is. He just responded to a question on Twitter about v10 and said it would have texting support. I'm new to the company so I haven’t been jaded by failed promises yet.
don't worry, it won't take long. Especially if you follow Elon on twitter... his infamous one was replying "three months maybe, six months definitely" back in 2017 when asked when FSD features would come out

Edit: Still fun though!