Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thanks Elon. Premium connectivity now 9.99

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah my model 3 has the 1 year complimentary premium connectivity. It will connect and play Spotify without logging in to my Spotify account.

Ok thanks so need tesla to look at my premium connectivity and why Spotify not working... Here's the text from the user manual:

You can use your Tesla account or you can sign in with your own account by scrolling to the bottom of the streaming service Window and entering your account Credentials

Ok thanks so need tesla to look at my premium connectivity and why Spotify not working... Here's the text from the user manual:

You can use your Tesla account or you can sign in with your own account by scrolling to the bottom of the streaming service Window and entering your account Credentials

Ok got this sorted.. was stuck in my Spotify account that had dropped back to free and for some reason couldn't login using tesla account at the Spotify login . ..created new Spotify account and signed up for free premium for a month.. used that to login into Spotify on car..then simply logged out and car reverted to the tesla account ok..

So story is that for the premium connectivity at $10 per month get Spotify premium tesla account included so don't need to login with own separately paid Spotify premium service.. that's a yes for me in signing up to tesla's premium connectivity . No brainer... Even at the original 17 bucks I d say.. just needed to make sure it was still the case.

Here's the article when spotify and tesla first offered it in their cars.. so tesla just wants to charge for that special integration and the data usage.

Spotify and Tesla team up to give Model X and Model S owners a FREE Premium account
Maybe I don’t fully understand this, but if I already subscribe to Spotify (with all my own music preferences, playlists, history) why would it be ok for me to use a second account through the Tesla? Maybe I can merge? Can I use it outside the car? And what if I haven’t already got a Spotify subscription but an Apple Music one instead? Outta luck I guess!

Lucky I’m prepared to pay for the other subscription features.

Edit: DOH! Just read the article.:rolleyes: I guess I’ll sign up after all just for the car!!