Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 19" Curse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a LR AWD car in Early May with the 19" Wheel upgrade. I have received no VIN and heard nothing regarding delivery. From the delivery thread, it seems others with a similar spec are in the same boat. I am starting to regret my decision to upgrade the wheels. I am based in Edinburgh and am fortunate to work round the corner from the Tesla shop but they have been unable to provide any information on the delay. I have now written off an August delivery and am trying to come to terms with the fact September is also looking questionable. Has anyone got VINs/delivery dates for cars with 19" wheels or any insight as to why we seem to have been push to the back of the queue?

Are you a reservation holder? Looking at the Data it does seem that Reservation holders get pushed up the chain even if you order later.

Looking at the TMC Spreadsheet there have been a few with 19inch delivered and a few with VINS but these seem to be Reservation holders.

@Calisaar is pick theirs up on Saturday (That seems to have 19s)

Edit - Friday pick up :)

I'm not a reservation holder but starting to see later orders than mine with VINs/Delivery Dates. I gather they stopped building the AWD for 4 weeks which probably isn't helping the delay.
I think the spreadsheet needs a bit more data from those guys with 19s, as you may find out they are reservation holders but with later order dates (That's my guess) - i think @Calisaar is a reservation holder but may be wrong!

I get my SR+ with 19" sports wheels this Saturday, but I did reserve back in 2017. You are probably right about the additional wait but I'm sure it will be worth it... they look so much better in my opinion.
If you change them just to get it sooner you might regret it down the line.

Reactions: RjbT3
I'm not a reservation holder but starting to see later orders than mine with VINs/Delivery Dates. I gather they stopped building the AWD for 4 weeks which probably isn't helping the delay.
Where did you hear that?

You couldn't order one but as far as I am aware, they were still being built. Likewise with the P- now. You cannot order one, but still being built.

However, AWD not being built might account for some of the delays. But then so would AWD being more popular than Tesla anticipated so they removed it from configurator either to allow it to catch up or to steer more orders to performance models. P- vs AWD is ~ $2k pure profit for Tesla.

I ordered a LR AWD car in Early May with the 19" Wheel upgrade. I have received no VIN and heard nothing regarding delivery. From the delivery thread, it seems others with a similar spec are in the same boat.
I am starting to regret my decision to upgrade the wheels.
I am based in Edinburgh and am fortunate to work round the corner from the Tesla shop but they have been unable to provide any information on the delay. I have now written off an August delivery and am trying to come to terms with the fact September is also looking questionable. Has anyone got VINs/delivery dates for cars with 19" wheels or any insight as to why we seem to have been push to the back of the queue?
Worth the wait, look really nicer with 19" silver color wheels than the black 18" Aero with or without cover.

Reactions: RjbT3 and navt
Same here, LR AWD with 19" wheels, reserved April 16, ordered 12th May 19. Had 1 phone call in July to check everything was ok (suspect fishing to see if I was using an EST loan), and ask if I was away at all and to expect an August delivery. Nothing since.

Same here, LR AWD with 19" wheels, reserved April 16, ordered 12th May 19. Had 1 phone call in July to check everything was ok (suspect fishing to see if I was using an EST loan), and ask if I was away at all and to expect an August delivery. Nothing since.
I had the same call and was told August delivery. However they did follow this by saying "don't go planning any road trips just yet!"
I can just about tolerate the wait, it's the lack of / mis-information that F@*ks me off.

Reactions: RjbT3