Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The CPUC has authorized funds to shift funds out of the large-scale SGIP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Admittedly a painful process pre-COVID... add massive processing bottleneck on PG&E, third party installer furloughing their entire support department, service manager not understanding the difference between Large Scale and Residential SGIP, hiring the SGIP processor back as a consultant for my file (and a handful of others) and smacking my head against the wall when PG&E couldn't open Green Button data from CSV or Excel (allegedly)...

SHOW ME THE MONEY!
The third party inspection (which took 5 minutes and 3 photos with the inspectors iPhone) was completed on 4/30.
I believe the next notification I will get is that my check is in the mail... will keep you posted.

Good luck! I got moved from RRF to ICF 13 days ago. They said they'd get back to me soon if all the data they requested is all lookin' good.

So yeah, they need to get some data export info from Tesla to confirm the batteries are installed and exporting. And I had the guy come over and take pictures. I wonder if SGIP had a lot of fraud in the beginning where someone just "installed" cardboard batteries and try to claim the full credit...

Good luck! I got moved from RRF to ICF 13 days ago. They said they'd get back to me soon if all the data they requested is all lookin' good.

So yeah, they need to get some data export info from Tesla to confirm the batteries are installed and exporting. And I had the guy come over and take pictures. I wonder if SGIP had a lot of fraud in the beginning where someone just "installed" cardboard batteries and try to claim the full credit...
Sounds like we are in the exact same spot.
I submitted the Tesla battery state report and had the inspection / pictures taken...

Print those checks PG&E!!

I'm a little confused on how this process works. I have both Tesla PV and 2x Powerwalls installed by Tesla and am in the SCE service area. Will Tesla file all the SGIP paperwork on my behalf? At what point do the submit? My system is installed and passed inspection, just waiting on PTO from SCE. Will I get any documentation from SCE (or Tesla) that filing was done? Any insights would be helpful, they sure make this process complicated!!! Thanks.

I'm a little confused on how this process works. I have both Tesla PV and 2x Powerwalls installed by Tesla and am in the SCE service area. Will Tesla file all the SGIP paperwork on my behalf? At what point do the submit? My system is installed and passed inspection, just waiting on PTO from SCE. Will I get any documentation from SCE (or Tesla) that filing was done? Any insights would be helpful, they sure make this process complicated!!! Thanks.

The answer to every SGIP question always starts with "it depends."

In recent times, Tesla has stopped processing SGIP applications for residential installations under the "small residential" and "large scale" programs.

However, Tesla should help you if you are low income ("residential equity"). Or, if your home is in a fire zone, on well water, on Medical Baseline, and/or affected by numerous safety shutoffs, you may fall into the "resiliency" category regardless of your income level.

So let's pretend you're just a normal residential customer. Your 2x system would fall under "small residential." If you purchased a system (and had it installed) before about September 2019, then Tesla would have submitted the SGIP rebate for you. But since your system just went in, you wouldn't get anything.

Tesla has never supported the large scale program; but your 2x Powerwalls won't qualify for that.

If you believe you are low income (unlikely with that E450 on order) ... or in a high fire zone (with other factors that make your home qualify for resiliency), you should reach out to Tesla to ask for assistance.

The answer to every SGIP question always starts with "it depends."

In recent times, Tesla has stopped processing SGIP applications for residential installations under the "small residential" and "large scale" programs.

However, Tesla should help you if you are low income ("residential equity"). Or, if your home is in a fire zone, on well water, on Medical Baseline, and/or affected by numerous safety shutoffs, you may fall into the "resiliency" category regardless of your income level.

So let's pretend you're just a normal residential customer. Your 2x system would fall under "small residential." If you purchased a system (and had it installed) before about September 2019, then Tesla would have submitted the SGIP rebate for you. But since your system just went in, you wouldn't get anything.

Tesla has never supported the large scale program; but your 2x Powerwalls won't qualify for that.

If you believe you are low income (unlikely with that E450 on order) ... or in a high fire zone (with other factors that make your home qualify for resiliency), you should reach out to Tesla to ask for assistance.
Program monies are I assume just about all gone for the average person. I know my installer is not wasting their time putting in anymore apps.

Great news! We are delighted to let you know that this SGIP project has been approved for an incentive payment:

Project ID:
---
Host Customer:
----
Site Address:
---
Equipment Type:
Electrochemical Storage
Rated Capacity :
15.000kW
Maximum Incentive Amount:
$10,092.00
Returned Application Fee:
$500.93
Payee:
---

The final incentive amount that MJ will receive is based upon information provided in the Incentive Claim Form package and the results of the project/site inspection.

MJ will receive one of the following incentive payment(s) :

1. Projects under 30kW rated capacity: $10,092.00, the maximum incentive amount, as an upfront payment within 20 business days

2. Projects 30kW rated capacity and larger: 50% of $10,092.00, the maximum incentive amount, as an upfront payment within 20 business days. The remaining 50% will be paid according to the guidelines of the Performance-Based Incentive (PBI) structure.

3. Projects in the Developer Incentive Advance Pilot: 50% of $10,092.00. You participated in the Developer Incentive Advance Pilot, where 50% was provided to your Developer at the Reservation Request Form stage and you are receiving the remaining 50% at the Incentive Claims Form stage.

Let's go! Show me the money!!!

Great news! We are delighted to let you know that this SGIP project has been approved for an incentive payment:

Project ID:
---
Host Customer:
----
Site Address:
---
Equipment Type:
Electrochemical Storage
Rated Capacity :
15.000kW
Maximum Incentive Amount:
$10,092.00
Returned Application Fee:
$500.93
Payee:
---

The final incentive amount that MJ will receive is based upon information provided in the Incentive Claim Form package and the results of the project/site inspection.

MJ will receive one of the following incentive payment(s) :

1. Projects under 30kW rated capacity: $10,092.00, the maximum incentive amount, as an upfront payment within 20 business days

2. Projects 30kW rated capacity and larger: 50% of $10,092.00, the maximum incentive amount, as an upfront payment within 20 business days. The remaining 50% will be paid according to the guidelines of the Performance-Based Incentive (PBI) structure.

3. Projects in the Developer Incentive Advance Pilot: 50% of $10,092.00. You participated in the Developer Incentive Advance Pilot, where 50% was provided to your Developer at the Reservation Request Form stage and you are receiving the remaining 50% at the Incentive Claims Form stage.

Let's go! Show me the money!!!

Wow nice! That's a lot of incentive money! I thought you were on the small-scale residential but you're getting back over $10k so this is for 3x or more batteries?

I tried to email the info-desk to see if I could get a status update but got hit with:

1621285886693.png

Just got my SGIP funding approval. Swell Energy applied on 11/23/2020 and was waitlisted for ER. June 26 email from PGE saying application was submitted, June 28 application reviewed, June 30 approval email. Now a few weeks for design and home assessment before I get put in line for a Powerwall so probably another 8+ months until actual install.

Reactions: holeydonut