Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The demise of the OEMs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: CarlS
All they need is two blind customers per day to fill their production quota:
1691129656805.png

I gotta say - I didn't expect something like this to show up among the news of the demise of the auto oems.

I wonder if there's a problem in the reporting - at $150/hr, that sounds to me like the UAW is trying to put itself out of business, and union members out of work.

EDIT: ahh, I think I see where the pay raise demand is coming from. CEOs have seen 40% pay raises, thus the union demanding the same. That I am sympathetic to, but the solution won't be 40% for line workers. It makes a nice sound bite, but while BoD can hand out 40% pay raises to 1 to 5 individuals in the company, they can't hand those out to the other 99% of the company, and stay in business.

Maybe this will put some pressure to keep CEO pay down.

EDIT 2: Even if its those CEOs getting the 40% pay raises that are making choices that will put the company out of business! That's a good gig if you can get it - get paid a lot of money, with big pay raises, while making decisions that will put your company into bankruptcy.

They come a week after the UAW publicly said it wants double-digit pay raises and defined-benefit pensions for all workers, citing 40% pay raises on average over the last four years for the CEOs of the companies.

Last edited:
I gotta say - I didn't expect something like this to show up among the news of the demise of the auto oems.

I wonder if there's a problem in the reporting - at $150/hr, that sounds to me like the UAW is trying to put itself out of business, and union members out of work.

EDIT: ahh, I think I see where the pay raise demand is coming from. CEOs have seen 40% pay raises, thus the union demanding the same. That I am sympathetic to, but the solution won't be 40% for line workers. It makes a nice sound bite, but while BoD can hand out 40% pay raises to 1 to 5 individuals in the company, they can't hand those out to the other 99% of the company, and stay in business.

Maybe this will put some pressure to keep CEO pay down.

EDIT 2: Even if its those CEOs getting the 40% pay raises that are making choices that will put the company out of business! That's a good gig if you can get it - get paid a lot of money, with big pay raises, while making decisions that will put your company into bankruptcy.

If I value Optimus at $25k per annum, am I still a super bull? My valuation already assumes that everyone in the world needs to empty their pockets and hand their cash to Tesla...