Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The latest systems components y'all getting from Tesla these days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Friends,

Today we got the details of the panels and inverters Tesla will be using for our project. Can you guys share what you're getting for your:

- Panels?
- Inverters?
- Gateway?

Like model numbers and relevant specs?

Thank you in advance!

Ordered in late June, just installed last month. Components were:

- Panels: Hanwha Q.Cell Q.PEAK DUO-G6+/SC 340 x 36
- Inverter: SolarEdge Technologies SE11400H-US000BSC4
- Gateway: Tesla Solar Gateway GWY20 (aka Neo Gateway, aka black box)

Ordered in late June, just installed last month. Components were:

- Panels: Hanwha Q.Cell Q.PEAK DUO-G6+/SC 340 x 36
- Inverter: SolarEdge Technologies SE11400H-US000BSC4
- Gateway: Tesla Solar Gateway GWY20 (aka Neo Gateway, aka black box)

Thank you for sharing!

How do you know the exact model of your inverters? Tesla sent us a sheet with like 5 model # on it!

Also, is GWY20 the box that looks like a little Powerwall? What other ones are out there and do you know the difference?

Thank you again!

Thank you for sharing!

How do you know the exact model of your inverters? Tesla sent us a sheet with like 5 model # on it!

Also, is GWY20 the box that looks like a little Powerwall? What other ones are out there and do you know the difference?

Thank you again!

Your exact model will depend on your system size, for the most part. My system size is 12.24 kW DC, so that's paired with the 11.4 kW AC inverter. In general DC/AC should be something like 1.2 or less to avoid clipping.

There is some variance on whether you get the model with the LCD screen or the one that gets set up via WiFi, but that seems down to what Tesla has in stock in your area.

Are you ordering Powerwalls? If yes, then your Gateway will be the white box that looks like a mini Powerwall. If no, then you're given a small black box that hooks into your router. I don't have Powerwalls, so that black box is all I have. Looks like this:

gateway.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Fragger
Your exact model will depend on your system size, for the most part. My system size is 12.24 kW DC, so that's paired with the 11.4 kW AC inverter. In general DC/AC should be something like 1.2 or less to avoid clipping.

There is some variance on whether you get the model with the LCD screen or the one that gets set up via WiFi, but that seems down to what Tesla has in stock in your area.

Are you ordering Powerwalls? If yes, then your Gateway will be the white box that looks like a mini Powerwall. If no, then you're given a small black box that hooks into your router. I don't have Powerwalls, so that black box is all I have. Looks like this:

gateway.png

In the OPs other thread asking about powerwalls, OP mentions that they decided not to get powerwalls.

OP you will not have the white "gateway" box as that is exclusively for powerwalls. There are two devices called a "gateway" so its confusing, but one is a solar gateway, and the other one is the gateway used to control the powerwall system.

Solar only gets the little solar gateway in the post from willow hiller.

Thank you guys... I'll try to found out the exact inverter model, but yes, no Powerwall for me so bummer that the gateway will be the Blackbox... Thanks @willow_hiller for the picture!

Would be nice of Tesla to actually do the Solar gateway aesthetics like the Powerwall as well to give it that nice branding touch! :)

Thank you guys... I'll try to found out the exact inverter model, but yes, no Powerwall for me so bummer that the gateway will be the Blackbox... Thanks @willow_hiller for the picture!

Would be nice of Tesla to actually do the Solar gateway aesthetics like the Powerwall as well to give it that nice branding touch! :)

The solar gateway box is smaller than a typical home router (smaller than a DVD case), while the white gateway box is as large as your typical breaker box / load center. They dont only look different, they are vastly different size devices.

We haven’t gotten our install date yet but I found this in our permit.

- Panels: Hanwha Q.Cell Q.PEAK DUO-G6+/SC 340 x 27
- Inverter: SolarEdge Technologies SE7600H-US
- Gateway: ??
- String optimizer SO5000 - is this the Gateway?

Also, should the Power blaster be another piece of equipment? I saw reference to it on another thread.

Also, should the Power blaster be another piece of equipment? I saw reference to it on another thread.
Thank you for sharing... How big is your system?

Also, should the Power blaster be another piece of equipment?

I believe the string optimizer would be the power optimizers that go under each panel to help with shade and panels in different orientations. However, I have no idea what the SO5000 is referring to. I tried to google it and came up with nothing at all. I believe that normally tesla uses SolarEdge P400 optimizers.

As far as the power blaster, I would assume that one would be installed for you, but different jurisdictions have different requirements for what needs to be in the permit. Since the power blaster is just for energy monitoring and not really a functional part of your solar system they may not need to include it in the permit.

It’s pretty unlikely that the gateway would be listed in the permit for a solar only install. The solar zigbee gateway is just a little black box that’s a little smaller than a paperback book that plugs into your internet router and a regular outlet.

If you are getting only solar, the little black box gateway doesnt need a permit, so wont be listed on any permit application. I dont know if the powerblaster gets listed on the permit or not, but I wouldnt consider the permit to be the entire BOM (bill of materials) for your install.. just the parts they need to get approved by your permitting authority ("authority having jurisdiction", AHJ as @Vines and @wwhitney call them).