Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model S could'v saved Princess Diana?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was still picturing how ridiculous the Model S broke the crush-test machine in the roof crush test. Then I realize the Model S could've saved Princess Diana. First the car won't roll over, like the Mercedes did. Second even if it did roll, the roof won't crush and the lives of passengers can be saved.

Just a thought that the crash test score is something deep and profound which will take a while for the public to fully appreciate.

Case in point, my wife, a very conservative women(complete opposite of me), has refused to drive my Model S so far because she feels the car is too fast. :crying: Two nights ago I asked her to read the crash test article and now she wants to learn to drive. And a TMC fellow suggests all the soccer Moms will ditch their minivans and go for the Model X, just an excuse to join the Tesla trend, I mean for the safety of their kids and family.

Last edited:
Funny that I was thinking the exact same thing. I guess because it was in the news recently about new revelations regarding the accident resurfacing?
If she really wasn't wearing a seatbelt I suppose the result would have been the same though her chances would have been better if it didn't flip.

Likewise, a seatbelt could have saved Princess Diana's life, so could a tank, or any other car in which she had the seatbelt on, or a blown tire on the paparazzi car that was chasing them, or a different choice of route, or...

This type of speculation really isn't helpful. There are a million little tiny things that 'could have' saved her life. Many smaller than a Model S.

About the safety results, today at Seattle store/SC:

(The Tesla portions are paraphrased from sleepy memory.)

Tesla: Guess what type of people the NHTSA report has brought in?
Me: Soccer moms? Volvo drivers.
Tesla: No. Older people. Like 80s and 90s. They get it. They want it.
Me: How do they feel about the tech, etc.?
Tesla: Honestly, some of them seemed as if they're glad such a vehicle was produced in their lifetimes.

Reminded me of the inspiring wine provider at Teslive.

About the safety results, today at Seattle store/SC:

(The Tesla portions are paraphrased from sleepy memory.)

Tesla: Guess what type of people the NHTSA report has brought in?
Me: Soccer moms? Volvo drivers.
Tesla: No. Older people. Like 80s and 90s. They get it. They want it.
Me: How do they feel about the tech, etc.?
Tesla: Honestly, some of them seemed as if they're glad such a vehicle was produced in their lifetimes.

Reminded me of the inspiring wine provider at Teslive.

brianman, I am surprised you were not the one who got on the stage with the wine. Seems you can't get enough from TESLIVE. :)