Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model S is powerful, let's make that power sustainable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They won't pay a FIT in NSW, which has ruled them out for me

I signed up yesterday, I'm on the NSW 60c/kWh Gross FiT, powershop have agreed to 61.3c/kWh exported.

The next challenge is switching to ToU, I am currently on a single rate tariff, but have a ToU meter. Because my meter read data is so different to what powershop have seen so far, they have said they'll get me up and running on a single rate tariff then switch to ToU afterward.

Powershop's Power Prices make us AU's best power company has launched in NSW waiting for their solar prices.
The Energy price fact sheets change depending on who your distributor is, but for me, the solar prices are:

Solar Bonus 60c (pre 27 Oct 2010): 61.3c/kWh
Solar Bonus 20c (pre 28 Apr 2011): 21.3c/kWh
Voluntary FiT: 6.4c/kWh

See here: Pricing and Product Information - Powershop, a better power company
It's the 'Standard Saver' pricing you are looking at. The standard power pricing is used as the base for calculating the minimum 4% discount that everyone gets. 16% off the standard power prices is what you'll get if you purchase power packs. At least that's my understanding from what I've read so far.

Last edited:
I think heosat also has a special deal worked out with Powershop so it's worth contacting him as well to get $75 off your first bill? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Having been on Powershop for a while now I regularly get 31% discount powerpacks. Due to my charging requirements, I'm hovering around 19c/kwh - and that's anytime, not ToU. With no service charges either. I love it!

Have fun switching guys - they are a fantastic company!

I think heosat also has a special deal worked out with Powershop so it's worth contacting him as well to get $75 off your first bill? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Having been on Powershop for a while now I regularly get 31% discount powerpacks. Due to my charging requirements, I'm hovering around 19c/kwh - and that's anytime, not ToU. With no service charges either. I love it!

Have fun switching guys - they are a fantastic company!
I'll be bulk buying the power packs as soon as I see them...

The $75 credit is readily available on the phone; just ask. It's even listed in the welcoming email.

The Energy price fact sheets change depending on who your distributor is, but for me, the solar prices are:

Solar Bonus 60c (pre 27 Oct 2010): 61.3c/kWh
Solar Bonus 20c (pre 28 Apr 2011): 21.3c/kWh
Voluntary FiT: 6.4c/kWh

unfortunately I didn't own a house until all the bonus schemes had expired so I'm on the VFIT and the powershop VFIT isn't great I'm currently on 10c VFIT.

That's good for voluntary, I actually though 8c/kWh was the highest. How does it compare all around? Have you run up a comparison of your bill against those prices, the discounts and what you're on now?

last year I went and got prices from as many people as possible for VFIT NSW Solar Feed in Tariff | Rammblings and Madness and 6.4c/kwh is the 3rd from the bottom out of 9. I haven't had time to do a full cost comparison. I'll have to dig out my spreadsheet.

Yeah 10c is actually "good". I get 8c with AGL. I really need to change, but I have a TOU meter. Have spoken to Powershop. Their rates ARE good except for off peak. They are yet to get back to me about my solar connection since have both a VFIT and FIT system. If the price is right, i am going over!!

Also, i mentioned electric cars to them. Maybe if all of us who call them mention this ultimately they may come up with a package for us.

Last edited:
last year I went and got prices from as many people as possible for VFIT NSW Solar Feed in Tariff | Rammblings and Madness and 6.4c/kwh is the 3rd from the bottom out of 9. I haven't had time to do a full cost comparison. I'll have to dig out my spreadsheet.

I made a simple spreadsheet to compare my past bills readings with the powershop prices. I just made a copy of it and made it public, so anyone can use it if they like. Saves you making one. You only need to edit the yellow cells.
Public PowerShop Savings Calculator - Google Sheets
Remember to look up the prices for the NSW distributors at Pricing and Product Information - Powershop, a better power company

This is what it looked like with my prices and usage in there...
Capture.PNG