Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The official dmv.ca.gov website is down. Use the virtual.dmv.ca.gov instead.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "virtual" web site just offers some additional services online that previously required visiting a field office. One has to wonder why they haven't done this all along instead of forcing people to wait in line, sometimes for hours ...

Reactions: Bacalao
The "virtual" web site just offers some additional services online that previously required visiting a field office. One has to wonder why they haven't done this all along instead of forcing people to wait in line, sometimes for hours ...

Jobs security? :p

The fact that they created a new website to add the additional services instead of just linking them in the main website probably means that they are going to remove the virtual site once they have people back in the actual offices.

Reactions: MXLRplus
good tip. My plate is not available so its 'in process' but it should have been here by now. It's week 9 already.

When I ordered the CA classic plate 2 years ago, it took longer than 9 weeks. And they shipped the plate to my local DMV office so the office has to be opened for you to pick up the plate. If the office is not opened, the plate probably won't be shipped at all even if they made it already.