Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The stupidest statement since I bought my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I bought a 120K vehicle that, for me, competes quite well with others. I'm not into the plush luxury and like the austere environment. So for me, this car is equivalent to an S class 550, A-8, 750i. And for the haters, yes, I know they are "nicer". Just not for me. It's paid for and now I only pay 4.50USD for 250mi, rather than something between 40 and 60USD for the same range, depending upon gas prices. If I used superchargers a lot, which I don't, the cost would be even less, averaged out. AND!!! I get to fill up in my garage!

20MPG x 18 gal x either 4.75 or 3.20 per gal (hi-lo in NoCA last two years) x 350 range x 71% to get to 250 range. Roughly.

For me... such a deal! And I think the MS handles much, much better than those competitors. Which meets my needs.

I think I got a bargain in the long run.

Think about this for a sec. a McLaren f1 was $1mil flat price and it didn't even have a radio in it.
now think about this. the McLaren f1 used with high mileage can go for $4 million
if you're lucky to get one mint.

The fact that others put all this plush stuff in their cars doesn't impress me at all. Anyone can put more padding in a seat to be honest, it's the innovation that counts for me.

also when not using gasoline, you actually bring down your monthly payments (yours is paid off), while others using gas increase their monthly payments.

Last edited:
Supercharger fee ($2500)/ $85,000 = Tank of gas / $68,300

So a tank of gas is $2,008? Damn that is high.

Can't believe no one corrected this yet... it's Supercharger fee ($2500)/ $85,000 = UNLIMITED TankS of gas / $68,300

So yes, unlimited tanks of gas cost you $2,008, depending on how long you keep the car, that might be a pretty sweet deal (~55 free fillups).

To me, having the convenience of a nationwide charging infrastructure that is ONLY for Teslas is priceless. Because of course, we are better than everybody else :-o

And yes. I am kidding. I know that only I am special because that's what my mother told me.

Can't believe no one corrected this yet... it's Supercharger fee ($2500)/ $85,000 = UNLIMITED TankS of gas / $68,300

So yes, unlimited tanks of gas cost you $2,008, depending on how long you keep the car, that might be a pretty sweet deal (~55 free fillups).

If you read my post in context, you will see it was in response to someone saying "Free supercharing is equivalent in cost savings to the free tank of gas you get". The point is that free supercharing is a much higher % of the car than free gas. Sorry for being confusing.