Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla App is taking longer to connect to my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's back....

In recent days I've stared at "Waking Car... To connect faster, select ALWAYS CONNECTED blah blah blah" and have been unable to connect far more commonly.

I know the "Waking Car" screen is a preset message, but I want to yell at my phone "IT IS SET TO ALWAYS CONNECTED!"

Yesterday Nov 10th 2016. Had a Ranger appointment at my home. Had several problems to address. (Summon, parking assist and sensors were the biggies) Then app would not connect (iPhone 6) Ranger had a Samsung tried it on his phone. Nope, Tesla tech said to remove all devices, remove apps, reset password and to try it from my iPad. Nope! Ranger left- None of the items were showing FAIL on diagnostics.. But he verified FAILS on actual operational test and 2 test drives.
Called tech support again last night as my car would not lock. App still wasn't working so felt it unsafe to use my car. At 7:21 this morning my car magically connected to the app??

Yesterday Nov 10th 2016. Had a Ranger appointment at my home. Had several problems to address. (Summon, parking assist and sensors were the biggies) Then app would not connect (iPhone 6) Ranger had a Samsung tried it on his phone. Nope, Tesla tech said to remove all devices, remove apps, reset password and to try it from my iPad. Nope! Ranger left- None of the items were showing FAIL on diagnostics.. But he verified FAILS on actual operational test and 2 test drives.
Called tech support again last night as my car would not lock. App still wasn't working so felt it unsafe to use my car. At 7:21 this morning my car magically connected to the app??

Get the Remote S App. It has more features, works far faster and has less bugs.

11/25 App and remote features working perfectly since last post. Tesla Tech Support says they had a problem on their side. Apparently the Tesla Ranger was not kept in the loop! Not impresssed with the Ranger Service.