TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

The Tesla Model S Owners Forum

Discussion in 'Model S' started by BBHighway, May 5, 2009.

1. BBHighway

BBHighway Member

The Tesla website now has a dedicated section just for Model S owners. Seems to have just started a few moments ago. Same categories as the Roadster section. No posts yet.

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I was told depositers would get their login information in mid-may

3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Thanks to the OP and for this info. Looking forward to hearing something. And I sure hope they start putting out some Model S swag soon.

4. Arnold Panz

Arnold Panz Model Sig 304, VIN 542

I guess/hope that's a good sign that they're on track to get Model S depositors their number and login info by mid-May as originally promised. I thought it was possible that they might miss the date because they (allegedly) received so many more reservations than they were expecting that they could get backed up.

5. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Has anyone gotten their login information yet?

6. efusco

Not I...perhaps mid-May means something different at Tesla?

7. dsm363

That's fine. Wasn't sure if they were rolling them out or something and I hadn't gotten it yet. Waiting 2+ years will not be easy.

8. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I wonder if Tesla will be publishing how many Roadster buyers also signed on for a Model S?

On one hand it's a testament to Tesla'a product.

On the other hand, it might look like there are only so many buyers ready to go Electric.

9. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

haha, no way. Tesla sticks firm to their dates :wink:

10. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

Did you assume they meant mid May of 2009? Silly camper see what happens when you assume ..... LOL

11. Arnold Panz

Arnold Panz Model Sig 304, VIN 542

LOL. It was a weird thing to promise if they weren't going to deliver it. It's not like anyone put down $5k (or $40k for the Sig Series) because they were going to get a number in mid-May. So why disappoint people who are going to have to be very patient anyway by over-promising and under-delivering?

Actually, other than the generic e-mails sent to everyone on their mailing list, there's been no pro-active contact at all from Tesla (I sent an e-mail to confirm receipt of my deposit and got a prompt reply). I don't know if this happened with the Roadster, but I'd think they'd want to send a quick note or something to everyone who put a deposit down with a contact person at Tesla or some other communication so they depositers can feel a little bit of love from the company.

12. dsm363

I just got my e-mail today saying payment received...etc. It said that things were delayed a bit and should be 1-2 weeks for sequencing and website access.

13. efusco

Silly me!:eek:

14. efusco

How long is that in Tesla-speak?:rolleyes:

15. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

Given that we were going to hear on the loan in a few weeks maybe they should have left the hyphen out between the 1 & 2 to make it accurate .... LOL :rolleyes:

16. Zythryn

Zythryn MS 70D, MX 90D

It would have been nice if they had sent that notice to other people that put their deposit down (at least I haven't received any updates).
    I certainly understand that the date of delivery is very much up in the air.
    But when you give people a date and it is for nothing more than your spot in line (which should be relatively simple regardless of the number of deposits) and give NO update when the entire month of May has passed.
    Well... I take that as a bad sign.
    When a customer is dealing with a company via internet only, communication is critical. No communication is very bad, lack of communication by a state time is much worse.

17. efusco

I agree with all that. Not sure how bad of a sign I take it, for the moment I'll just look at is as a sign of bad communication.

But it's pretty inexcusable to not provide some sort of e-mail update. If nothing else just say...
    "Due to the recent merger and high volume of incoming orders we are not yet ready to provide exact details as to order numbers. We hope to finalize that soon but wanted to keep you abreast of the delay. Thank you for you patience."
    Elon

One HS grad should be able to type that out and send a mass e-mail in about 2 minutes, it took me about 1 minute to do this whole post.

18. dsm363

I sent the person I've been dealing with (person who answers questions about the deposit process...etc) at Tesla an e-mail suggesting your idea that it might be good from a PR standpoint to do so. Will see what they say.

19. dsm363

I finally got an e-mail saying the delay will be about 2 weeks for the sequencing number and that the owner's area of the website is undergoing development. Since I suggested to them that they send this out to everyone, did anyone else get a similar e-mail?

20. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I did just get the same email

Shame it took a customer letting them know that they should be sending this info out... on the plus side, they listened.