TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

The trials to test AEB

Discussion in 'Model X' started by SoCal Tsla, May 17, 2017.

1. SoCal Tsla

SoCal Tsla Member

Failed for sure, coz I didn't know how AEB works when I shoot the video. Glad at least I asked before I publish it so I made many changes to make me look less stupid lol

On the other hand, I'll still test AEB in a safer environment. Will make a video about that for sure;)

• Disagree x 1
  2. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

AEB does not brake unless it knows that collision is absolutely unavoidable, in which case you may still crash anyways.

Seriously, this should not be tried out in public roads with other traffic.

• Like x 5
  3. Tam

Tam Active Member

I would not test with real cars but I do thank SoCal Tsla for being a beta tester to confirm that Tesla AEB is still not designed to avoid a collision.

I was hoping AP2 would change that design and will brake to avoid a crash :)

4. SoCal Tsla

SoCal Tsla Member

Yes too bad I didn't learn that till yesterday... Tried AEB last week which is the very next day after I got the 17.17.4 update.

On the other hand, the chime warning is from the AEB update right? coz I never had that before. Will that be able to detect like the two cars in front of me are likely to crash like thos youtube video shows?

5. SoCal Tsla

SoCal Tsla Member

Yeah I would test AEB with boxes and foils in a safe road some time later. will definitely let you guys know what I find;)

6. Tam

Tam Active Member

Pop corn's ready and I can't wait :)

7. SoCal Tsla

SoCal Tsla Member

Gonna be some time, I've got a few topic queued up right now lol, but thanks for your support my friend, can't describe how much help you guys brought to me;)