Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor The Ultimate Carbon Ceramic Brake System for Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ZR1 kit will be shipping next week which wraps up our total & complete brake development for Plaid.

See updated kit details here:

Installation Note:
This kit is essentially a bolt-on, modification-free installation (except some trimming - see below), because we did all the hard-work on the design in strength & rigidity, and development of the "Adaptor" including required special tooling & fixture for machining, test-fits with revisions, to ensure Plaid owners for an easy installation with a durable and high performance CCB brake system.

Caliper Adaptor - The center-piece of the whole brake kit (Design is copy right protected)

ad720-2020-02-08.PNG

All you need is a sheet-metal scissor to trim the dust shield as show below to clear the rotor.

2r50-trim2.png

2r50-trim.png

2r50-trim3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatSix911
Shipping the ultimate CCB brake system (420/410mm) today:
Congratulations to Chris S. for the first Plaid owner to own this magnificent brake kit.

2r44%2B2r49.PNG

Front rotor wt:
2R44.JPG

Rear rotor wt:
2R49-1.JPG

Front 6 pot caliper components before assembly:

ROTOR WT. COMPARISON (LBS)FRONTREARTOTAL/SIDETOTAL/CAR
OE IRON28.222.550.7101.4
RB CCM BBK18.414.432.865.6
WT. SAVING9.88.117.935.8 (35.3%)

Last edited:
ZR1 394x36mm kit with caliper (in Pccb Yellow) & customer's TESLA sticker:
2r50-zr1.PNG

See how RB pads are perfectly matched the disc friction surface w/o overlapping to the flange like OE ZR1/Z28.
2r50-1.PNG

Top view showing the perfect alignment on rotor & pad.
2r50-2.PNG

This Yellow kit is ready ship!

Last edited:
  • Love
Going to get a MS Plaid soon, looking to increase range by reducing unsprung weight. I started out looking at lighter wheels but now also looking at brake rotors. Impressive weight savings! I had no idea. Plus, in addition to weight savings I’m also excited about better braking and ride quality and handling as well.

Main question for RB is your 390/365 kit says rear wheels need to be 20? I’m going with 19’s for better range and compliant ride quality, was even considering 18’s for the same reason. I’m not interested in going bigger than stock. Is it possible to use 19’s or 18’s with just dust shield trimming?

We also have a Model X Plaid on order since June 2021. (Well, it was a long range but just switched to Plaid because I got tired of waiting.) Do you have a CCB kit for the MX Plaid as well? Or does the MS kit not work for the MX?

Last, do you have any good shops in San Diego that can install these?

Thanks in advance!

Please follow the selection guide below for the required wheel sizes on different setup. If you choose 390/365mm kit only 19" wheels are required.

For Model X, we just found out the Model X spindle is different from Model S with a larger front rotor (395 vs. 380mm), although all other components; caliper, pads, even the rear brake remain the same.

And due the design constraint we would not be able to offer a stock size CCB rotor kit like Model S w/o altering the dust shield (more than just trim and bend). So a 410 front rotor kit will be offered.

Please follow this newly created thread for Model X.

Purchase the bundle kit can save you 10% over purchase front or rear kit separately.
In some kits we may also offer a rear kit incentive (15%) for customer to purchase with the front kit wherever applicable, all offer validity are subject to change while website listing shall govern.

We have a high performance brake shop nearby us so you can pick up the parts from our store (save shipping) and have the kit installed in the same day.

Last edited:
Looking for opinions, comparing the 432/410 steel BBK vs the 394/365 ZR1 CCB kit, vs the 390/365 CCB kit, for my incoming Tesla Plaid.

What I'm mostly concerned about are the claims of bad brakes on the car, and hitting the temp warning after a bit of spirited driving. Basically, I want to be able to rely on my brakes. I know, odd of me.

I don't intend on track driving much if ever, so this is mostly for street, where I'm probably mostly slowing down from spirited straight line runs. I also don't care at all about any bling factor that might come with carbons, strictly interested in performance as above.

So, some options from RB seem to be:

I like the idea of being able to run 19s (for winters, I ordered my car with 19s), and not needing to alter or cut anything.

Cheaper, and slightly bigger? Other than price I'm not really sure there's an upside to these vs the above kit. Requires spacers and cutting which, all else being equal, I'd rather go with the above kit. But I'm not really sure what to expect as difference here.

Or, forget carbon, and just go all out with steel. I'd need new wheels with these also.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

The most popular upgrade (oversize) kits for S Plaid on the value, performance improvement, and easy installation.

CCB 390/365 kit:

Iron 410/390 kit:

Review on this popular iron kit due out - Ask questions to the poster here.

Rotor fitment test on Brumos for the coming up Pikes Peak race.

RB CCB rotors (390x34mm) built with long carbon fiber fits under Porsche center-lock hub (front).
front rotor+caliper.png

Brembo 6 pot calipers will clamp RB sintered brake pads - exclusively made for CCB rotors
front 6 pot.png

Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

Why Pikes Peak Is The Most Dangerous Race Track In America | Turn By Turn​

Two Porsche cars are racing with RB CCB brakes this year, the other one is a 991 GT3R run by Porsche Colorado Spring.

Last edited:
Pikes Peak Hill Climb. Why Pikes Peak Is The Most Dangerous Race Track In America | Turn By Turn
Two Porsche cars are racing with RB CCB brakes this year, the other one is a 991 GT3R run by Porsche Colorado Spring.
I've driven Pikes Peak back in the day when the course was mostly dirt and gravel. Good brakes are a must!