Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

the wife doesn't like my car any more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Commuting to work, I have to pop in to a supplier to pick up some parts.
Wifee says she'll wait in the car as she normally does for a few minutes

Wife comes into store red faced and furious
What's the matter?

Your * ing car just deafened me

Oops, thinks I - that's probably that software update that plays loud music if the alarm goes off, and the key is in my pocket so you probably triggered the alarm. Rage subsided all is well again.

Next day - repeat trip

Aha - Dearest wife I have an idea - the car has a mode that disables the internal sensors so the alarm won't go off

Aircon Menu ... arrgh, too late ... Dog mode

Wife (trying not to laugh) not exactly impressed with being left in "dog mode". Still not (quite) a divorce

Return to car

Wife in hysterics

apparently "Owner will be back soon" plastered across a 17 inch screen for all to see is just too much

anybody know a good divorce lawyer?

Mine wouldn't know where to go for all the functions and wouldn't want to learn. She only knows how to control the volume on the stereo that's about all she's bothered to learn.

When it comes to anything tech including resetting the house router she says I need to die before her otherwise she'll never figure anything out.

Before me she had a tube tv, dvd player, and one of those old 10 key phones. She never even had a computer.

The Tesla is SOOOOOO far beyond her.

Mine can't stand the car. The window "point" eats her every day. She can't get in and out. The way the autopilot swerves around scares the **** out of her. (I'm not allowed to let it drive now.) etc etc.

Window "point"?

Yeah she hates my driving, as I've been told many times over more than a decade to back off and slow down. But doesn't trust the autopilot she trusts even less; even if it doesn't let ,me speed.

Funny. My wife absolutely loves ours and pretty much refuses to drive either of our other vehicles. She doesn't use the autopilot features and she keeps the regen on "low" but she loves the effortless power, the quietness, the interior materials, the huge rear storage area, the sunroof....really just everything about it. I rarely get to drive it as a result!

Reactions: KalJoMoS
if the alarm goes off, and the key is in my pocket so you probably triggered the alarm.
I did this once in the first month of ownership. Got a similar response.

The response was so effective it has been burnt into my brain cells. So every time I get out of the car and she stays behind I pass her the key fob.

Occasionally I will get home and discover later that the fob is still in the car tray where she left it for me, but that just needs to be part of my checklist when I get back in again.

Mine wouldn't know where to go for all the functions and wouldn't want to learn. She only knows how to control the volume on the stereo that's about all she's bothered to learn.

When it comes to anything tech including resetting the house router she says I need to die before her otherwise she'll never figure anything out.

Before me she had a tube tv, dvd player, and one of those old 10 key phones. She never even had a computer.

The Tesla is SOOOOOO far beyond her.

Do you think there is actual intelligence involved with tapping at a touch screen interface? Smartphones are easily used by pretty much the entire world population, regardless of education.....Hell, even toddlers can use iPads....

Perhaps some people value their time/energy/attention and don't want to be bothered with an overly complicated automobile UI.....and maybe others feel "screen time burnout" after sitting at a computer/using a smartphone all day...

I dunno - just spit-balling

• Disagree
Reactions: jeremymc7
LOL.. my parents hate my car.

Too expensive for the car you get.
Insurance premium rapage in So.Cali.
Too expensive to repair, long delays at the body shop if it ever gets in a collision.
(parents had a friend who had a tesla and got into an accident... didnt see the car again for 4 months.)

Car has too much violent acceleration. (P100D... uhh why else do you think i got it?)
Car is too bumpy. :confused: (doe... darn my 21 inch rims)
Car is too loud. (again can be blamed on the rims)
Too difficult to get into the car. (compared to there S class)
Have to plug the car in at night near the charger.... (they have a hard enough time charging there cell phone every night)

Yeah.... they don't like my car at all, but i still enjoy it. :p

• Funny
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
lol
my wife and parents love my car.
My wife enjoys to drive it, but she finds that the range and supercharge time are still not good enough.
My parents find this car incredible but recharge disapoint them : they don't understand charging while traveling, when, where, how...

heather takes tesla.jpg

My wife's first time driving my S 60 was my last. She never wanted to deal with the "tech" until she lost her Suburban keys and had to make it to yoga.

She gets home, I ask "do you like it" - she says "I LOVE IT!!!".

Told her I'd drive the Suburban if I could eventually get another. Worked out pretty well!