Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Worst 3 weeks of my life

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me start by saying I take care of my car (I am paying for it for the next 5 years) I wash wax buff condition nearly every week the neighbors think I'm insane.

So after the torrential rain a few weeks back imaging my horror walking out in the morning (It was still pouring) and find I had left the bloody sun roof open I had an inch of water on the front mats, but small things make a huge difference I have weather tech mats which caught 95% of the water.

The seats faired a little worse on the drivers side I had a removable waterproof seat cover (so I don't stink up the car after a bike ride) so that caught 99% of the water the passenger faired a little worse.
Long story short I spent 8 hours drying out the car and applying conditioner to every piece of leather I could find.
So next day the car looks and smells like new.

Then last Saturday someone hits my car and takes off

20160228_084259.jpg

Broward sheriff calls me an hour after I dropped off the video http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/63516-Wanker-in-Weston-Hit-and-Run with her Name, Address, Make, Year License Plate, Vin and Geico insurance info, so I track her down and call her up "Yes I know but I wasn't driving" OK just call Geico and admit fault and I will not peruse the hit and run, She does so that's sorted and I get a new front bumper and not affecting my insurance (-:

Yesterday before my Bike ride I put the Garmin on the trunk.

20160306_152923.jpg

then raise the trunk to get the bike out, the Garmin slides down and lodges between the roof and rear glass I hit close and there is the is god awful cracking sound.

20160306_152632.jpg

(Don't know how much that gonna cost)

Today the wife says you lost a center cap

20160306_152626.jpg

That pretty much makes for a really crappy 3 weeks

Ouch, reading each and every one of those hurt! Some cars have bad karma it seems - this may be yours in life. The worst is that rear glass and panoramic - likely a *h*tload of money on replacing all that! Sorry, good luck after you get everything back to normally hopefully!

Any one got any ideas on how much this is gonna cast I don't want to go through insurance unless it is more than $1k
I think you are well over $1k. My completely uneducated guesstimate: $4k w/ OEM glass, $2k with 3rd party if it's even available.

My worst week was getting fired from my job on Thu, my wife breaking her hip during a 10k on Sat, blew the engine on my Subaru on Tue and then at the closing on our new house on Thu I was told that they couldn't get clear title to the land our new house was built on so would have to delay closing—this 10 minutes after we'd just closed on selling our old house that we had to be out of by 6p that day (movers scheduled for 1p) but now we had no new house to move to. Tis all relative.

In the end though I had several new and good job offers within a couple of days (word travels fast) and an attorney friend explained to the builder why he wanted to clear up the title thing before 4p that day which he did. My brother-in-law helped me with the engine which fortunately only took us a day (cylinder gasket & head gasket).

I think you are well over $1k. My completely uneducated guesstimate: $4k w/ OEM glass, $2k with 3rd party if it's even available.

Yer I figured I am gonna look for a crashed tesla local might be a long shot if not I have to claim in on my insurance.

Any ideas on how to look for trashed Teslas?

Update found one on Fleabay that has the two pieces of glass I need now how to get them from Ca to Fl in one piece

Last edited:
My worst week was when I had to make the decision to put my 13 year old
little boy "puppy" to sleep. A vet doctor friend came over, and I held him in my arms.
A year and a third later, it still brings tears to my eyes. Boris, we love you.

0808141247a-1.jpg

Could not figure out how to rotate this properly ... ideas?

Last edited:
The body shop says the whole roof needs to be replaced that back glass is not seperate
It is a huge undertaking as they will be replacing the roof.
One point maybe someone can clarify is that Florida has a zero deductible glass clause, that said I do not know how this will affect my insurance