Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The year is 2035. How far have we got?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just been told that BEVs are dead and all the manufacturers are moving over to hydrogen, well I was convinced.

I did mention 3 times the cost for fuel cell and around 5 times for combustion hydrogen and e-fuels but apparently that's not right, again convincing I thought.

Just been told that BEVs are dead and all the manufacturers are moving over to hydrogen, well I was convinced.

I did mention 3 times the cost for fuel cell and around 5 times for combustion hydrogen and e-fuels but apparently that's not right, again convincing I thought.
Hydrogen charging points may need a bit of attention…
1711626568924.png

It’s 2035 and the car resto tv shows viewing figures have fallen off a cliff.
Wheeler Dealers now has the mechanic every week saying “it’s either the battery, the motor or the body computer” before plugging in a laptop. They then have to pad out the remaining 57 minutes.

• Funny
Reactions: M1tch
Hydrogen charging points may need a bit of attention…
View attachment 1032962

A Swiss made hydrogen train has just set a new record of going 1,700 miles non stop in the US, and it wasn't even a massive hydrogen tank, so you might only need to top up every couple of months. I'm doubtful over hydrogen in cars for lots of reasons but we shouldn't dismiss the notion their might be an alternative to current battery tech and pouring electrons slowly into a battery.

Current Battery tech could become the new horse and all people want is a faster charging horse.

Reactions: thax1
A Swiss made hydrogen train has just set a new record of going 1,700 miles non stop in the US, and it wasn't even a massive hydrogen tank, so you might only need to top up every couple of months. I'm doubtful over hydrogen in cars for lots of reasons but we shouldn't dismiss the notion their might be an alternative to current battery tech and pouring electrons slowly into a battery.

Current Battery tech could become the new horse and all people want is a faster charging horse.
Absolutely agree. My comment was frivolous.

The train PoC is an odd application, given trains travel to pre-defined, limited locations via set routes. The electrification of lines via track or o/h cables seems trivial when you’re building out the rail infra anyway.

Would love to see hydrogen gain traction (no pun intended) in commercial air travel. At 3x the energy density of JetA it would seem to lend itself to a punchy gas-jet burn for takeoff then a gas- electric turboprop for cruise.