Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The year is 2035. How far have we got?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay so a theoretical thread. I think tons of ice are still lying about, people are keeping them.

Ev, tesla have 600miles range which is the new long range. Tesla and BYD are the only true competition. Tesla for the supercharger network. Byd for being next to nothing in price.

Tesla has its new model 2 out costing 30k brand new. Battery's technology has gotten better you can abuse them, keep them at 100% go on holiday for a month and only lose 5%.

Thoughts guys? Do you think this will be accurate.
Add more we you think is going happen

There is no need for 600 miles range because Tesla made even more supercharger to meet the demands for none Tesla EVs.

There is no such thing as Model 2 just as they're is no such thing as Model 3 Highland. All forum myth.

In 2035 all the old Model 3s would not sell for $10k-$15k and those would be everywhere. Old version of model 3 performance would go up in value.

In 2035 the only manufacturer that make EV without Tesla charger port would be VW (if they are still around).

In 2035 I can finally go on bike ride without coughing my lungs out because of smog.

In 2035 California would be the cleanest state given the population density.

In 2035 I'm still paying rent because the interest rate for buying a house is 25%.

I'll put a bit of a downer on this and say someone very close to me passed away very recently at the young age of 70 whilst on holiday and always saying he was going to live to 104.

2035 is a very long way away hopefully and what car ill be driving by then is not on the bucket list right now.

• Love
Reactions: Foxsbiscuits

Riots, protests, civil unrest

Central Bank Digital Currency rollout after economic financial collapse

Mandatory car scrappage schemes to support War effort

Blackout Schedules and Restrictions on power use.

Terrorist activity on Public Gatherings

Pandemic #2 and #3 underway

Elon Musk assassinated, SpaceX under Government Control

Rise of the Robots and AI Weaponised

Landlords eradicated with compulsory purchases and demolition

Banks in control of Property rentals and EPC Ratings

Price of a tin of beans £12.45

Riots, protests, civil unrest

Central Bank Digital Currency rollout after economic financial collapse

Mandatory car scrappage schemes to support War effort

Blackout Schedules and Restrictions on power use.

Terrorist activity on Public Gatherings

Pandemic #2 and #3 underway

Elon Musk assassinated, SpaceX under Government Control

Rise of the Robots and AI Weaponised

Landlords eradicated with compulsory purchases and demolition

Banks in control of Property rentals and EPC Ratings

Price of a tin of beans £12.45
You missed out compulsory euthanasia to preserve global oxygen levels 😂

• Funny
Reactions: PITA
“keep them at 100% go on holiday for a month and only lose 5%.” you can tick that one off your list already.

Musk promises that in 2036 that the long tail of problems *should* be solved and Tesla will *soon* activate Robotaxi for a one-off system registration fee of $15k which will probably double in 12 months. We just need to wait for regulatory approval as the tax man is complaining about impact on the economy from loss of taxi driver employment and associated tax income.

I suspect we will start seeing other energy sources starting to make way into production vehicles and current battery technology will look decidedly lacking. I suspect some existing vehicle manufacturers are playing a longer game and will leapfrog the incremental gains that current technologies are undergoing.

But all that may be moot if a few individuals cause havoc in tbe world.

Reactions: GeorgeSymonds
2035 - Elon Musk states "Latest FSD beta will blow your mind. These cars will drive themselves by the end of the year."

Everything else will be the same as well. Except minimum wage... $93 / hour, which is how much doctors, lawyers, electricians, dentists, janitors, taxi drivers, fast food workers, and everyone else besides the wealthy elite will make.

Year 2035, finally no more panel gaps. 😂

EVs will be a lot cheaper.

We have solid state batteries now that are modular and configurable when ordering.

600 mile range is the norm, but most people won't opt for that configuration as they really don't need it. Remember it's modular now.

Airless Tires, More efficient solar panels on the roof of the car making it meaningful, and Faster charging all around.

FSD is now subscription based only, because other brands have it too so the competition will be high, making it near impossible for Tesla to charge $Kidney&Liver like they do now for a beta feature.

ICE cars will still be around, but it'll only be a matter of time before those who love breathing in exhaust fumes come to their senses that it's a lot more cost effective to own an EV.

I think by 2035 the EV adoption in North America will be over 50%, conservatively.

With less ICE demand, Legacy makers will have no choice but to build EVs, which may up the value on some ICE cars as they become a collectors item.

With less demand for gas, prices for fuel could go way up to the point where it forces people out of ICE cars. Perhaps an inevitable situation here.

Major gas stations will either go bankrupt or follow Shells lead with creating recharge stations.

The US would have bailed out GM and Ford again for one reason or another. Sigh, those two with their get out of the gutter cards.

A Tesla owner can grant access to another Tesla owners phone and when that person walks up to the car it'll configure all their presets for the driver.

The Top 3 EV Brands in the US I foresee it being Tesla, Hyundai, and KIA as they're already ahead of the curve by a lot.

EVs are the Future. One of humanoids greatest fears is the fear to change, but the loudest barkers right now hating on EVs will eventually come around then love what they once ridiculed. It's just a matter of time... they'll see the light soon.

Car wise I think we'll just see incremental change/improvement. Even if a new battery chemistry starts being used, I doubt it's going to be entirely revolutionary (despite the breathless claims made by new starts desperate for funding).

I doubt we'll see anything revolutionary, at least in the UK. Sure, self driving regs may be a bit more relaxed, but I doubt it'll be entirely FSD compliant, we won't see flying cars, and there'll still be a lot of ICE cars on the road.

Broad picture we could have everything from overthrown governments, to world war. I wouldn't like to predict that.

- Tesla shares lose ~60% value after great 2026 collapse
- Trump is dead for 5 years, but still still moans that "it was stolen" as it is written on his grave stone
- people still moan that they cannot trawl a trailer with boat for 1000 miles up the hill in one go.

on the bright side - almost each and every petrol station will have charging points the same way as they have air pumps.

everything else will stay the same, FSD still in beta and coming soon.