Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There are no words - Irresponsible driver crashes Model Y into building

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll never buy a car from a dealer who insists on riding along. It's an awkward and terrible purchasing experience.

Test drove a couple Tesla's a few years back (Model 3 and Model S) with the SA sitting in the front passenger seat. She spent the entire drive fiddling with the center touch screen trying to show me stuff while I was trying to get a feel for the driving experience of the car.

Keith

Test drove a couple Tesla's a few years back (Model 3 and Model S) with the SA sitting in the front passenger seat. She spent the entire drive fiddling with the center touch screen trying to show me stuff while I was trying to get a feel for the driving experience of the car.

Keith
Before I bought my Infiniti, during the test drive the SA took me to an empty warehouse parking lot, and had me make donuts in the parking lot, hahaha.

• Funny
Reactions: cwerdna
Showrooms are all directly owned by Tesla, and I would think because of this have the same rules about test drives. I know that you can even get an over night test drive. If the Florida showroom involved had refused to allow an un-accompanied test drive, the demographic of the drivers and the fact that they were denied a test drive would have been all over social media. A half destroyed MY LR is less expensive than social media shade.

I have watched the video several times, and even as recklessly fast as the driver was going, he still should have been able to stop before getting to the road. I think that while braking going over the dips in the parking lot, the car lost traction (almost complete loss of braking force) and the driver thought that the brakes were not working (you can hear him saying this in the video), and stopped pressing the brake pedal (he didn't say this part, but he was in a panic at that point).

Any other reason he wouldn't have been able to stop that I am missing? The brakes on the MY are fantastic, so I am calling it driver error / panic.

Keith

PS: Just watched it again, and it looks like the brake lights go out after he hit the second dip in the parking lot... can anyone with a larger laptop screen confirm?
He hit the brakes while the car was airborne. This cause it to “lock up” and skid when the tires barked the asphalt upon landing.
It’s a stupid driver. He kept saying it didn’t stop, it didn’t stop.. he’s an absolute moron. I also find it really odd that nobody posted the dashcam footage.. all we have is idiot#2’s cell footage.

Me too. My SA also encouraged me to test it around a sweeping curve. I knew I was getting a Tesla right there.

Also, when I went on the test drive, the SA encouraged me to hit the go pedal to experience the acceleration... He was not with me during the test drive

Yup. They also purposely tried to get air and they might have bounced as well. Grip between tires and air is essentially zero while airborne. o_O

He hit the brakes while the car was airborne. This cause it to “lock up” and skid when the tires barked the asphalt upon landing.
It’s a stupid driver. He kept saying it didn’t stop, it didn’t stop.. he’s an absolute moron. I also find it really odd that nobody posted the dashcam footage.. all we have is idiot#2’s cell footage.

Reactions: hcdavis3
It was a dealer car he was "test driving" I doubt the dealer would post that video or at least on purpose, though would be good to see
Yea yea, I know that the dealer wouldn’t post it.. it’s just funny how the idiot with the horrible cellphone camera footage could have used the dashcam footage and had a front row seat.. he obviously didn’t realize that it had that feature - and he calls himself a “YouTuber”. I would love to see the POV from the front camera.

Yea yea, I know that the dealer wouldn’t post it.. it’s just funny how the idiot with the horrible cellphone camera footage could have used the dashcam footage and had a front row seat.. he obviously didn’t realize that it had that feature - and he calls himself a “YouTuber”. I would love to see the POV from the front camera.

The dash cam footage won’t show the car getting airborne, which is, I think, what they were intending to post videos of. They got that and so much more.