Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There need to be additions to the "app"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, but the ability to open/close windows might be a little tricky. I can foresee issues like:
  • someone remotely closing the window on someone's fingers
  • someone hacking the app to automatically open the windows in order to steal something on the seat
It may be prudent to always have the vehicle in view when operating things like windows, doors, summons, etc.

Opening windows was originally in the API and was disabled, so unlikely that will be put back in. Seat heaters are for heating posteriors and don't do much if there is not one in the seat.
Since there are no buttons for seat heaters in the rear, I think climate control and seat heaters via the app would be great, as passengers won't have to bother the driver.

The UI should be made with that in mind.

• Love
Reactions: McManX
I agree, but the ability to open/close windows might be a little tricky. I can foresee issues like:
  • someone remotely closing the window on someone's fingers
  • someone hacking the app to automatically open the windows in order to steal something on the seat
It may be prudent to always have the vehicle in view when operating things like windows, doors, summons, etc.

1. They already have the ability to determine this, a la Summon.
2. You can already unlock/start the car with the app.