Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

They took a Model S test drive St Louis

FlasherZ

Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv
Jun 21, 2012
Yes, that's the service loaner / demonstration car. It did have a CA MFG temp on it when I drove it (~20 mi on the odo), then they swapped it to a MO DLR temp a few weeks later.

CA MFG tag can be seen in this thread (last picture, past my sig's):
Post A Picture Of Your Car Charging - Page 2

Iggy

Feb 8, 2010
Springfield Illinois
The Roadster and the current Model Ss at the Chicago store all have Illinois dealer plates. I've never seen any other license plate on the vehicles. Maybe when they first ship to a location they are tagged with different plates.

The Missouri dealer plate just didn't look like what I am use to seeing. Illinois makes it clear it is a dealer plate - maybe I missed it - but Missouri didn't look as clear cut. I'd assume the big D gives it away.

Thanks for the replies.

FlasherZ

Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv
Jun 21, 2012
The Roadster and the current Model Ss at the Chicago store all have Illinois dealer plates. I've never seen any other license plate on the vehicles. Maybe when they first ship to a location they are tagged with different plates.

The difference between IL and MO is that Tesla has an official sales location in IL, while St. Louis was just a service center. I think the legality of using CA MFG plates on loaner cars was becoming an issue.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC