TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

They took a Model S test drive St Louis

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Iggy, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Iggy

Iggy Member

At first I wasn't sure this was test drive. A bit later that day I decided it was a family taking a Model S for a test drive in St Louis. Video quality suffered during the "chase". Child seats are in use.

Tesla Model S St Louis

2. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

Those appear to be TEMP Tags for MO as most Tesla owned cars have CA MFG plates. Am I mistaken?

3. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Yes, that's the service loaner / demonstration car. It did have a CA MFG temp on it when I drove it (~20 mi on the odo), then they swapped it to a MO DLR temp a few weeks later.

CA MFG tag can be seen in this thread (last picture, past my sig's):
    Post A Picture Of Your Car Charging - Page 2

4. Iggy

Iggy Member

The Roadster and the current Model Ss at the Chicago store all have Illinois dealer plates. I've never seen any other license plate on the vehicles. Maybe when they first ship to a location they are tagged with different plates.

The Missouri dealer plate just didn't look like what I am use to seeing. Illinois makes it clear it is a dealer plate - maybe I missed it - but Missouri didn't look as clear cut. I'd assume the big D gives it away.

Thanks for the replies.

5. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

The difference between IL and MO is that Tesla has an official sales location in IL, while St. Louis was just a service center. I think the legality of using CA MFG plates on loaner cars was becoming an issue.