Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things that surprised me on my P3D+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are a few things that kind of surprised me after having my car for a few days.
  • You really have to slam the doors for them to close.
  • The 3's ride is smoother than on my X with 22 inch wheels.
  • The thing is stupidly fast.
  • I actually like the wood dash and piano black console.
  • The seats are more comfortable and softer than the seats in my X.
  • The Pearl White color is nicer in person. I'm glad I went with that color.
  • The car feels more solid, maybe even built better than the X.
  • Unlike the X, this car gets really warm and quickly inside when under direct sunlight.

My P3D+ now has 5,000 miles, 18 days after delivery. It is quieter, more comfortable and more efficient than was my P85D. I have averaged 297 Wh/mi vs around 340 Wh/mi for my Smin similar driving. Thus far it has been impeccible.

3000 miles ago, while driven by another person, my car was involved in an accident. Tomorrow it goes on for repairs. That will be the next test.

Reactions: bradhs
Model X comes with air suspension only.

Not for the first generation X, SAS was an option. Tesla changes features/options in their cars in real time, not by model year or until the next refresh. I have a first gen X and for example, it has the active rear spoiler, current generation Xs do not and the spoiler is fixed in the up position.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Does the zippiness and speed of the P3D+ ever get old for you guys or have you guys gotten use to it?
I never thought it got old with the SP85D. The P3D+ is ‘tossable’ like a Porsche 911. IMHO nothing even approaches this car. It did not get tiresome with 5,000 miles in eight days. My guess is that it never will. I’d rather drive it than make this post.

Not for the first generation X, SAS was an option. Tesla changes features/options in their cars in real time, not by model year or until the next refresh. I have a first gen X and for example, it has the active rear spoiler, current generation Xs do not and the spoiler is fixed in the up position.
No, while Tesla offered that as an option at the beginning, they never produced any X without SAS. All reservations were told to upgrade to SAS if they wanted their cars.

• Informative
Reactions: P3D+