Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things to do with a Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're all correct.

From Uban Dictionary:

Derogatory term once used by domestic motorcycle enthusiasts to deride the new Japanese motorcycles that were coming to market.

Recently adopted by critics of a recent wave of self-modified Japanese import
automobiles, particularly those that are held to have been altered in poor taste.

ricerocket-24506.jpg

Saturday was nice, but I ...ah...had to work...(93 wind damage claims from Thursday the 28th)...:crying::crying:...rained on Sunday...:cursing::cursing:

Yeah, we had that wind storm too, what a mess. Power outages all over the place. Our office building had some minor damage.

Being to the East of you, we usually get your weather about 12 hours after you do. Sunday was gorgeous here. Sorry to rub it in...

You're lucky. The Ferrari 430 turns a 11.7 in the 1/4 mile, he would have slaughtered you.
page 2 - Rivals! Ferrari F430 vs. Ford GT - Comparison Test - RoadandTrack.com

I actually doubt that the Ferrari would have won. Seriously doubt. An 11.7 1/4 mile is attainable when driven by a professional driver (which I doubt the guy was). The driver would have to rev the engine up to red-line at the stop light (which I doubt he would). Also don't forget that an 11.7 1/4 is @ ~120 mph. I highly doubt that anyone stopped at a stop light would end up going that fast. Given that when the Tesla verses cars with better 1/4 times than itself, the Tesla tends to pull ahead in the beginning, only to be passed prior to the 1/4 line (usually at very high speed). Even if the driver of the other car was professional, and was revving the engine, I doubt the race would continue up to the necessary speeds for the Ferrari to pull ahead.

The Tesla would have won.

Be careful w/ all the "professional driver" stuff. Most of these cars are coming w/ launch control which can allow anyone to come w/in .1-.2 seconds in the 1/4 mile of a professional.

Of course these systems require the driver to go through a dance of sorts of pushing buttons in the correct sequence to enable whereas the Roadster will just go whenever you'd like (much more fun in the real world). So if it's a long stoplight and the other driver has time to push all the buttons you're toast. But if it's a quick one you'll likely win.

So, I'm talking with this senior lady about the Roadster this sunny morning (she's also checking her iPhone to see if her first great-grandchild has been born because her granddaughter went into labor this morning). She's comparing the stats I am telling her to those of her Beamer. I can't resist and offer her a drive up the coast road....She's was delighted, climbed in and out the car with no problem and took photos to show her grandkids.

It was very cool to impress someone so senior like that - hope I'm still that fit and interested in a few years time.