Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

thinking of changing my order from Grey to Pearl White, questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've always had either Grey or Black Cars. My last car was a Grey Panamera Twin Turbo. Before that Black Lesus LS460. I just got my PEarl White P85 last week and boy does it look good. No regrets.
IMG_1002.jpg
photo 1 (2).JPG
photo 3.JPG

Hi all,

Relatively new here, but looking forward to becoming a more active member once I receive my Model S order!

I have traditionally LOVED grey cars, and in particular gun metal grey, but I'm finding that the majority of times I've seen it in public, the color has been too light. Particularly in bright sunlight, it looks dull and like it doesn't have any color too it. I think that it is rightfully called "dolphin grey." Living in the bay area, I'm afraid the grey will be too light to me the majority of the time given the sunlight here. Here is a picture I took at the factory today, where it almost looks like it has a tint of color (e.g., green/blue) to it some times.

11157510604_52e9edfa67.jpg

Does anyone regret their grey color for these reasons, or feel it is too light of a color in the sunlight?

I'm thinking of switching over to Pearl White, it's hard to deny how awesome the frontend looks with the white/black contrast:

11157436205_b7027c9b78.jpg

My concern is that, while the front has these nice contrasting colors, the rear and sides are completely blown out with white color. I can get black wheels which could help that though.

In the end, I've unfortunately found there's no single color I love where I've gone: "that's it." Thoughts? I'd sincerely appreciate everyone's feedback/experiences. This is all subjective, but just talking it out helps.

Looking forward to joining your community!

- George

I ordered the pearl white, pano roof, grey interior leather and big tires, then chickened out and got metalic blue (which i love!), but when i see the pearl white, i am struck by how beautiful that car is. With the driving lights on, it reminds me of a lovely tuxedo. So stylish and elegant.

Whatever you get will be gorgeous. Play in the design center on-line ... Over and over.... Sometimes i still do that, just for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

I ordered the pearl white, pano roof, grey interior leather and big tires, then chickened out and got metalic blue (which i love!), but when i see the pearl white, i am struck by how beautiful that car is. With the driving lights on, it reminds me of a lovely tuxedo. So stylish and elegant.

Whatever you get will be gorgeous. Play in the design center on-line ... Over and over.... Sometimes i still do that, just for fun.

tesla smile.