Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking of selling/trading the Model 3, want more space

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm old enough to remember when conversion vans were super cool and the ultimate make out vehicle
They still can be cool!

50d47ebfca9a9a0f5144590ad85f86db.jpg

Attachments

• 50d47ebfca9a9a0f5144590ad85f86db.jpg
    50d47ebfca9a9a0f5144590ad85f86db.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 72
Ours was a 2004, so 1st gen I think. I think the Telluride (not sure if I am spelling that correctly) is a great looking vehicle, and a great value for what you get.

MiniVans are likely the "best" vehicle for a growing family, but there is a stigma with them, which is why everyone buys SUVs. Its kind of like station wagons. Those are still popular in europe I believe, but you cant give one away here, and for most people, they are likely the "best" vehicle for a growing family.

Plenty of space, good mileage etc.

A lot of people feel like when they buy a mini van (or a wagon), they are instantly trading in their youth for a receding hairline, yoga pants, and a life completely revolving around their children and nothing else (that last part is likely true hehe). SUVs serve the same purpose but dont have the same stigma, at least yet.

The best part about the minivan is...after a family trip driving it for a couple days, I get back in the M3P and it feels like when I first got the car... Crazy fast and fun...minivans reset the butt dyno :D

The more I dig into it, the more I realize how much cargo space a Model 3 already has. It’s not practical to pile up cargo to the point of blocking rear view when on a road trip, so a lot of hatch vehicles have less usable space than you might think.
I have a 7 seater beater and I just look at the size of the M3 trunk mat and I am impressed by the real estate. Hatch back does allow large object optionality though.

Update:

I've decided to keep the car for at least the near future. I couldn't get anything new because I was under contract on a house, and now the market and supply are tight. Also, maybe keeping an efficient BEV isn't a bad idea with gas prices surging.

Here's hoping the next big software update (and The FSD Button) are good.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
I don’t want the range hit of a roof rack. It’s dicey in winter driving through mountains on a road trip. Trailer hitch maybe, but hey don’t come with one from the factory. Would the service center install one? I don’t want to mess with pulling off the bumper.
Oddly enough, we get factory installed tow hitch in Europe for M3. Though, not for the performance model. Maybe due to some safety regulation difference between the continents?