Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third Party Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took a trip to Houston and stayed at a new Fairfield Inn in Webster, TX, they had a Sun Country charger. The GM asked if I would try it out. At first it did not work and the GM found the switch to turn it on in the hotel. Charging is free if you are staying at the hotel. The next morning plugged in my car, the charger charged at 26 MPH. When charging was complete I hit the stop charging button on the app, when I hit the unlock button the car started charging again. Tried this several times and could not get the charger to quit charging. So decided to since I had clipped in the adapter I could unclip the adapter and hope the charge shut off the electrical current. It did so I was able to replace the cadger to it cradle and unlock the adapter from my car.

My question is, does anyone know how to stop 3rd party chargers once your car is charger or you have run out of time?

Whatever setting you have your car set to finish charging (e.g. 90%), it should stop the 3rd party "charger" from going any further. Certain 3rd party like "chargepoint" can force the charger to stop either at the station or on their own app.

Personally I just unplug and it automatically stops charging, then pull out the J1772 adapter afterward... Seem you did the same.

Technically these are not "chargers" as that is built into the car. They are connectors bring power by way of the cable.

Whatever setting you have your car set to finish charging (e.g. 90%), it should stop the 3rd party "charger" from going any further. Certain 3rd party like "chargepoint" can force the charger to stop either at the station or on their own app.

Personally I just unplug and it automatically stops charging, then pull out the J1772 adapter afterward... Seem you did the same.

Technically these are not "chargers" as that is built into the car. They are connectors bring power by way of the cable.

Agree
Thanks, to your point thought the car would stop the charge and when it did not became concerned and unplugged the cable.