Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

third party model Y wheel covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been looking as my M3 might need to go and not sure which wheels I'd get on the MY, I'd prefer the standard wheels.

I think there seems to be 2 options - either the ones that leave a silver ring which you either like or not. If you go that way, just could just get your existing covers painted at a body shop for maybe £50 or do it yourself. Or the type that covers the silver bit as well but they are consequently proud of the wheel and are asking to catch something like a curb.

Or you bight the bullet and get the wheels painted which isn't far off what some of these covers cost to buy, but of course its not factory then and some insurance assessor might have a problem with it, or it makes a difference when you come to sell.

Choices choices.

teslun.co.uk
Think I'll give them a wide birth... no address on the website and the "contact us" email address is "@cowboys.group"!!

They do look good and like they might even protect from some curb rash?
Any similar ones to the standard 18 on the model 3?
Rim protection can be a mixed blessing, if you catch those at any speed could they not shatter and maybe go under the tyre? And by their nature they're sticking out a bit which makes them more prone to being caught I'd have thought? The curse of the modern car.

I've been looking as my M3 might need to go and not sure which wheels I'd get on the MY, I'd prefer the standard wheels.

I think there seems to be 2 options - either the ones that leave a silver ring which you either like or not. If you go that way, just could just get your existing covers painted at a body shop for maybe £50 or do it yourself. Or the type that covers the silver bit as well but they are consequently proud of the wheel and are asking to catch something like a curb.

Or you bight the bullet and get the wheels painted which isn't far off what some of these covers cost to buy, but of course its not factory then and some insurance assessor might have a problem with it, or it makes a difference when you come to sell.

Choices choices.
Someone in The States painted his Gemini covers, and then vinyl wrapped the wheel edges to lose the silver ring!😊

Think I'll give them a wide birth... no address on the website and the "contact us" email address is "@cowboys.group"!!

Rim protection can be a mixed blessing, if you catch those at any speed could they not shatter and maybe go under the tyre? And by their nature they're sticking out a bit which makes them more prone to being caught I'd have thought? The curse of the modern car.
Agreed... I just had a hunt for address just now. "cowboys.group" does not inspire confidence!

I’d love to know if they bring those to the U.K. / Europe / Amazon too. There was a brand selling in the US called “mayde” who did some but then discontinued them.

If it’s a viable alternative to getting the geminis painted that is!

The aero covers do look better wrapped / painted black, but I can’t decide if I like the look of them as much as geminis

Has anybody on here ordered these / can give any feedback on them? Quite a bit cheaper then the Rimetrix Laminars, and they cover the whole wheel so you don't get a silver ring

those look like the standard wheel covers painted... loads of youtube videos on doing that yourself.
Interested in the WAO wheel covers - they have some that look like the Rimetrix covers - look at the more recent videos on their youtube channel. I will wait to see how the wheels look without covers then make a call on third party covers.

those look like the standard wheel covers painted... loads of youtube videos on doing that yourself.
Interested in the WAO wheel covers - they have some that look like the Rimetrix covers - look at the more recent videos on their youtube channel. I will wait to see how the wheels look without covers then make a call on third party covers.
They do look like that, but claim on the website to be a new style to cover the rim below. Thanks for the recommendation on the WAO covers, any idea if they are available in the UK yet?

1653491895990.png