Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third Party Roadside Assistance (GIO, AAMI, NRMA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any third party roadside assistance added to their cars on top of (or maybe instead of) using the Tesla Assistance Service.

More so interested in say - would they tow you if you ran out of juice, to a nearest charge station or power point. Same for a flat tire.

With AAMI giving away free assistance and GIO close to it when getting comprehensive insurance, interested to know if people have experiences to share.

Does anyone have any third party roadside assistance added to their cars on top of (or maybe instead of) using the Tesla Assistance Service.

More so interested in say - would they tow you if you ran out of juice, to a nearest charge station or power point. Same for a flat tire.

With AAMI giving away free assistance and GIO close to it when getting comprehensive insurance, interested to know if people have experiences to share.
RACV does this and Has it for free for the first year of a new policy

I've got a RACV Total Care in Victoria... costs me $200 or so a year but means I have coverage for 100km of towing Regional or Metro.
Also means I have up to $2400 worth of coverage if I have a breakdown when I'm further than 100km from home. I used this a couple of years back when our Landcruiser broke down in Tasmania 3-4 days before we were due to Sail back on the Spirit of Tasmania. They covered
- Hire Car for 4 Days
- Transport of Car from Bicheno to Devonport (3 Hours Drive or so)
- Transport of Car from Docks to Home in Melbourne
- Taxi from Docks to Home etc.

I've NRMA Roadside assistance, but I maintain that primarily as I'm a Gold member (had membership all of my driving life), and it counts toward my multi-policy discount to reduce my house, content and car insurance.
That said, we have Tesla Roadside for the first 4 years (I believe) so I'd contact them in the first instance. Anyone they'd contract to would surely know how to tow a Tesla properly, whereas I'd doubt other tow'ers would be appropriately aware and so could end up doing more damage during the tow.