Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third Service Reschedule in a month?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is Tesla really having so many issues getting parts? My service center ordered my parts a month ago, but the "delivery date" of these items keeps getting pushed back. 3 times now the day before my service they've pushed back my service. 1st a week, then another week, then today pushing it out 2 more weeks for the third reschedule. I thought I was finanlly getting fixed tommorow. I live 2.5 hrs 150 miles away from my service center so it's not an easy rescheduling on my part. Plus one of my issues is the 12v battery, so I've been scared to drive my car sitting in my garage for over 2 weeks now.

I have error codes VCFRONT_a192, VCFRONT_a402, VCFRONT_a182, BMS_a170, and BMS_a027, as well as a notification that my 12v battery needs to be replaced soon. I just bought my 2018 Model 3 Long Range AWD 3 months ago. Ran perfect up until 2 weeks ago. I was hoping it was just a 12v battery issue, now I have no idea. Thoughts? I'm really worried my 12v will die during the wait and I will need an "out of warranty" tow to the center...

What are your options when waiting for a service
If possible I would try to get my 12v replaced at the very least, can you do mobile service for it?
I sent them a message asking if they could at least ship the 12v and I could replace myself. They said they can't mail the battery, and they don't have mobile service in my area. But I guess with my situation they were able to setup a mobile service to come to my house tommorow just to replace the 12v.

At least with a new 12v I won't have to worry about my car completely locking me out or requiring a tow until my appointment in a couple weeks.

Got 2 Estimates
$110.30 for new 12v Battery (sounds good to me)

$2147.16 quoted Total for fixing my VCFRONT_a192, BMS_a170, BMS_a027 errors

-Im hoping after the $92.50 General Diagnosis and $370 High Voltage Circuit Integrity Check they will narrow down my issue between the following
$563 if its my HEATER - PTC (Remove and Replace) (PTC HEATER DUAL ZONE 1088218-00-I)
or
$497.79 if its my A/C Compressor (Remove and Replace) (AC COMPRESSOR, 33CC 1088198-00-P)

Hoping its not both... Its another $500 Labor for each

Another question for anyone who went FSD Beta. When they upgrade your hardware, do they upgrade your side repeater cameras as well? I was thinking about upgrading as mine have a really bad glare at night with the old/one with holes cameras. But will hold off if they upgrade them for free when getting the Beta..

I needed service for a few things including a VCFRONT module replacement on my car. They postponed a few times but each time they offered to do the rest of the work on the car, but I would need to come again for VCFRONT. Note that they didn't clearly tell me they were missing vcfront but it was clear from the work they would do vs not do. That part might be tougher to get.

I needed service for a few things including a VCFRONT module replacement on my car. They postponed a few times but each time they offered to do the rest of the work on the car, but I would need to come again for VCFRONT. Note that they didn't clearly tell me they were missing vcfront but it was clear from the work they would do vs not do. That part might be tougher to get.
Yea from their estimate they ordered 6 different parts for the 2 corrections. I live so far away I would rather them get everything together before I visit them. I’m hoping they are preemptive parts that I hope I don’t actually need. The wait sucks tho lol

Reactions: GtiMart
New 12v today, super quick and easy swap. Lost some error messages. Only had error BMS_a027 right after the swap. Updated the firmware, put in drive and now BMS_a170 and BMS_a027 are Active Alerts. So no complete fix with new 12v... :( Man I miss driving my Tesla...

So went from a $2000 quote, to today. Tesla told me they think it's either the PTC Heater or AC Compressor, so I'm down to $1k. about an hour later they tell me its neither and its actually my Drive Inverter, which is covered under my drivetrain warranty. Yay, so after a long day at the Tesla Service Center I drove away owing $0. Very lucky it was covered and they had it on hand. I would suggest if you have the errors I had, to make sure Tesla has all these parts on hand.

Reactions: GtiMart
Got 2 Estimates
$110.30 for new 12v Battery (sounds good to me)

$2147.16 quoted Total for fixing my VCFRONT_a192, BMS_a170, BMS_a027 errors

-Im hoping after the $92.50 General Diagnosis and $370 High Voltage Circuit Integrity Check they will narrow down my issue between the following
$563 if its my HEATER - PTC (Remove and Replace) (PTC HEATER DUAL ZONE 1088218-00-I)
or
$497.79 if its my A/C Compressor (Remove and Replace) (AC COMPRESSOR, 33CC 1088198-00-P)

Hoping its not both... Its another $500 Labor for each

Another question for anyone who went FSD Beta. When they upgrade your hardware, do they upgrade your side repeater cameras as well? I was thinking about upgrading as mine have a really bad glare at night with the old/one with holes cameras. But will hold off if they upgrade them for free when getting the Beta..
2k to fix what? Did they itemize labor and parts?

yes $563 for Heater PTC, $497 for A/C Compressor, $989 for Labor. Would have been $2k if they had to replace both
Those aren't that difficult to do on your own but also probably take you 5x longer. That breakdown is slightly high but not absurd. I saw someone else get a quote on here 4k to replace a steering rack, 6k for a coolant leak that cost $500 at third party shop, and an alignment for $425. My alignment is $275 - should be $180 - that inconsistency tells me that the SC's themselves run however they choose and actually probably some are overpricing work they don't want.