Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This App Glitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, the Tesla app on my tablet asked for my password. I entered it, but after ten seconds it asked for it again. This happened about four times. I confirmed that the password was correct and also used my password manager. Also exited and restarted the app.

Note that the app was working fine on my phone. I finally chose Cancel, and when it told me I was going to lose settings (?) I went ahead anyway.

I was then able to log back in, and all is okay.

Any idea what that was all about in case it happens on my phone?

I've had this happen once during ownership. As I recall it ended up in a loop and I just deleted, re-installed, and logged back in. Took 5 min to get all setup again and never happened second time.

Always keep one of the cards with you in case something happens to the phone. Like anything.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
I’ve seen it once and did the same. It may be the data cache is trashed for the app and since there’s no way to clear that without deleting the app, that’s the best way.

The settings are the ones for which cars (if more than one) you get notifications about, which notifications, etc. Those are reset on some logouts so do check all the settings so you get what you want.

I've had this happen once during ownership. As I recall it ended up in a loop and I just deleted, re-installed, and logged back in. Took 5 min to get all setup again and never happened second time.

Always keep one of the cards with you in case something happens to the phone. Like anything.

Keep a card on you in case you drop your phone in a urinal like I may or may not have done.......