Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This is the official retrofit of model 3 CCS been announced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brought in my 2018 lr rwd for the retrofit. They tried and said the car wouldn't accept the ECU. They said 2020 model 3s have different retrofit ecus, but that they made sure the one they ordered was compatible with my vin. They are ordering another one and will try again another day

That’s interesting.
Going on a road trip at the end of the month so I better check if a local supercharger works fine and an electrify America charger.
My home Tesla wall charger works fine since the retrofit.

I'm curious to know if the retrofit portion of the kit can be purchased directly from the service center without the adapter. If anyone obtains the part number on the harness, please let us know!
For those of you who already own the CCS Combo 1 adapter and are interested in purchasing just the official retrofit ECU (PN 1537264-09-B). Or those who (like me) have done the unofficial retrofit "A bundle of wires with a board" and are interested in upgrading to the official retrofit without a bundle of wires:

I just spoke to the parts manager at the Irvine Barranca Pkwy service center and he told me that he was unable to find this PN in their internal catalog. I explained that it was part of the retrofit and according to him that is why it is not in the catalog and it is not possible to purchase this separately. YMMV, this is just my interaction (and historically when buying parts OTC from Tesla different service centers have given different answers) but I was told that it is not possible to buy just this ECU alone without also paying for another adapter.

• Informative
Reactions: Limited
I stopped at my local service center and purchased just the CCS board for $149.45 with tax. It took them a few minutes to track down the part and confirm I could install it myself. It probably also helped I've gotten to know the people at my service center and it was at the end of the day when they were slow.

Attachments

• IMG_2530.jpg
    IMG_2530.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
I stopped at my local service center and purchased just the CCS board for $149.45 with tax. It took them a few minutes to track down the part and confirm I could install it myself. It probably also helped I've gotten to know the people at my service center and it was at the end of the day when they were slow.
This item shown in your picture is the gen 4 chargeport ECU which enables CCS charging on cars from mid-2021 and newer. If used on an older car, it will require the bundle on wires adapter. For cars 2017-2021, the OEM ECU that is included in the retrofit adapter bundle is 1537264-09-B and currently not being sold separately (per users in this thread).

This item shown in your picture is the gen 4 chargeport ECU which enables CCS charging on cars from mid-2021 and newer. If used on an older car, it will require the bundle on wires adapter. For cars 2017-2021, the OEM ECU that is included in the retrofit adapter bundle is 1537264-09-B and currently not being sold separately (per users in this thread).
Bummer. Will have to take this back. I just want the board...