Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This is why you need proper hardware for DMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First of all, that is one annoying video to watch with the multi-colored, huge subtitles...

But I find I have to agree with the commenters...something may be wrong with his car, or who knows, maybe the camera he is filming with throws off the camera attentiveness recognition.

I have very few problems engaging and using FSD. Yes, occasionally I get an instant "pay attention" nag because I look down to select "Minimal Lane Changes" immediately after engaging (I really wish I could make that setting "stick"), but even that only happens one out of every 5-10 times. Knock on wood, but I've never received a strike, so I have a hard time reconciling his results with my own. Either his car's hardware is faulty, or there is something else in his cabin that is messing it up, or he really just doesn't know how to operate it.

I have found that the internal camera is more sensitive to where you are looking in the up/down direction as opposed to left/right. So in other words, it doesn't have a problem if you turn your head to look to the side, or look at the speedo or blind spot camera, but if you look down, at the "Now Playing" tile for example, it seems to pretty quickly issue a nag.