Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has UWB hardware made it into HW4 vehicles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No UWB on '23 Model Y Performance in the US on 2024.2.6. :(. The news was correct (at least for me).

So today was the first day that 2024.2.6 hit the US.. and the only model year 23 vehicle so far for this release appears to be the Model Y (note Tesla-Info's REALY good release heat map functionality Tesla Release 2024.2.6 statistics and heat map (tesla-info.com) which I highly recommend - yesterday, it was not in the US at all)
1707972154408.png

And with advanced on, like clockwork, sitting on Wifi, it notified me of an update about an hour ago. I upgraded from 2024.2.2.1 which I received on 2/2/2024. Release notes for my '23 MYP:

* Supercharging in Cold Weather
* Estimated Battery Range Update
(Since this is brand new, I attached some screenshots with the details but notateslaapp just ran this article on it.

* Reminder to Plug In at Home
* Security Improvements

No mention of UWB.

I then logged out of the App, made sure it was updated, launched it again, re-logged in.. nothing. Went to phone key, still just had the same 'improve phone key' by always on location. Nothing.

Turned off bluetooth, got a warning phone key wouldn't work. Tried to open the car - wouldn't open. Re-enabled bluetooth, opened right away.

No UWB for a 23 Model Y P.

One thing to note that I forgot about is that enabling motion & fitness and background app refresh could very well be part of why my iphone 15 pro works so reliably while others have still reported problems with responsiveness. I keep my location on 'while using' because the drain on the battery for always is significant and I don't like the app tracking me.

Bummed for lack of UWB. The chips aren't that expensive and it would have been a really nice add,.

Attachments

• 1707972474991.jpeg
    1707972474991.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 1707972492219.jpeg
    1707972492219.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Informative
Reactions: Daniel L
Dad’s 2022 X got the 2024.2.3 update and now the Tesla app shows up in the nearby connections menu. Release notes do mention UWB (was not mentioned in the 2024.2.2.1 notes)

My S is still stuck on 2023.44.30.8

I got the 2024.2.3 update today on my 2022 Model X LR. When I went out to my car later it prompted me to give the app permission to nearby interactions on my iPhone, which is UWB.

Since I got the car, the phone key has never worked passively; I have to take my phone out of my pocket and wake it up to get the doors to unlock and the driver door to open. Sometimes the door would close on me when I was standing in the way! After the update it automatically opens and closes perfectly, every time, with my phone in my pocket. This is by far the best update I’ve gotten yet.

The initial reports said it was only on the 2023 Model X, but I’m happy to say it’s working with 2022 models too.
This was posted in the bluetooth key not working thread, definitely looking forward to it

@Daniel L

Care to explain what you find disagreeable about a statement of my actual experience?

Here's the screenshots of the respective release notes. First one is on a 2022 X, second one on a 2023 S. Note the lack of mention of UWB on the 2023. If I'm doing something wrong, do tell.

1709019307351.png

1709019328356.png

@Daniel L

Care to explain what you find disagreeable about a statement of my actual experience?

Here's the screenshots of the respective release notes. First one is on a 2022 X, second one on a 2023 S. Note the lack of mention of UWB on the 2023. If I'm doing something wrong, do tell.

View attachment 1022433

View attachment 1022434
I dont disagree, I dislike that the 2023 S isn't getting it when the X is, perhaps I should mark it as informative instead

I have a 2023 X HW4 and iPhone 15 pro. I also have not received the option to upgrade. I have the phone and car software versions required. I tried reinstalling the application and resetting the key but neither helped. I do have two cars in my Tesla app, so not sure if the older car is preventing the newer one from getting the upgrade option, or if it is something else?

I have a 2023 X HW4 and iPhone 15 pro. I also have not received the option to upgrade. I have the phone and car software versions required. I tried reinstalling the application and resetting the key but neither helped. I do have two cars in my Tesla app, so not sure if the older car is preventing the newer one from getting the upgrade option, or if it is something else?
I have the same setup as you except I only have one car tied to my app. I’ve also followed all the same steps and still haven’t been given the option to update the key either. Hopefully soon.