Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This should be start of my buying process? Thanx Tesla see uagain in 2-3 years

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish someone from Tesla is reading this forum and take note about their sales procedure.
Other day i requested pictures of one CPO car and got these 3 pictures , each one size 32 KB. (attached)
Now, i should put 2500$ non returnable deposit for 65k car based on these 3 pictures where you cant see absolutelly NOTHING! ??
Sent email requesting more pics and info - 7 days later no answer. For 65k car ???
And this should be just start of my buying process?
I will probably start consider Teslas again in 2-3 years from now hoping they will improve how to treat their potential buyers.
Untill then i wish you all current owners good luck with them!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 188
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 158
by now that car is sold, I bought a new MS 75, just had one picture to look at, put down $4000.00 non returnable deposit, but I wanted a Tesla, they told me when the car got here I didn't have to take it, I could use the deposit for another car, when it got here, I loved it, and still do, I would not let the pictures stop me

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Tesla does not want to sell you a used car.

Even with factory-new cars you’re taking a gamble with condition.

In either case your deposit is refundable and transferable.

I agree it’s a terrible way to do business but that is not going to change anytime soon from what I can tell.

by now that car is sold, I bought a new MS 75, just had one picture to look at, put down $4000.00 non returnable deposit, but I wanted a Tesla, they told me when the car got here I didn't have to take it, I could use the deposit for another car, when it got here, I loved it, and still do, I would not let the pictures stop me

This car is 400 miles from me so im not taking chance going there and something is wrong with this car. Also what is even point of making these pictures? Can u see anything from them? I learned reading posts from this forum that buying an Tesla requires a lot of time and can be very frustrating. Im just not ready for that now .

• Funny

I agree it’s a terrible way to do business but that is not going to change anytime soon from what I can tell.

I didn't know deposit it refundable, is it something new? I just read here previous posts saying u can transfer but not refund

When the markets totally focus on new-car sales, selling used cars (not called CPO anymore) is just more of a hassle. Also, some recent price changes have been done to new MS to help sell new units.

I wish someone from Tesla is reading this forum and take note about their sales procedure.
Other day i requested pictures of one CPO car and got these 3 pictures , each one size 32 KB. (attached)
Now, i should put 2500$ non returnable deposit for 65k car based on these 3 pictures where you cant see absolutelly NOTHING! ??
Sent email requesting more pics and info - 7 days later no answer. For 65k car ???
I will probably start consider Teslas again in 2-3 years from now hoping they will improve how to treat their potential buyers.

For whatever reason, they have decided CPO customers are really not worth much of their time and those customers do not need to be treated well or fairly. A bit surprising for a company that I otherwise love so much.

They can likely increase sales, generate more revenue, sell cars sooner, and make customers happy if they would just staff the CPO department appropriately and build that cost into the price of the car. Most cosmetic issues with the cars I have seen can be fixed easily and based on volume, Tesla can fix minor damage at the wholesale rate. Seems this would be much better than the current mess where multiple customers may reject the same car when they see all the damage and balk at paying $60K for a banged up car.

Every other car manufacturer in the US sells used cars in a more reasonable manner while offering a quality product.

I know there is a lot on Tesla's plate but neither Tesla nor their customers deserve such an awful car buying process. Next year, they could have twice as many used cars to sell. If they don;t get ahead of this, they are going to have an even bigger mess.

I wish they would hire the person who runs the CPO program for Mercedes, Audi, or BMW and give that person a mandate to come up with a reasonable way to sell cars while also generating revenue. Both these goals does not need to be mutual exclusive. You don't need to treat customers unfairly to make money.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: bonaire
They could easily charge 3-5K more per CPO Vehicle if they had a quality program that reconditions the vehicles prior to sale, and actually post photos of the vehicles online like any other auto manufacturer.

I'm sure in the future the program will get a complete overhaul as they are leaving thousands of dollars on the table and leaving customers unsatisfied.

Reactions: PhilDavid
For whatever reason, they have decided CPO customers are really not worth much of their time and those customers do not need to be treated well or fairly. A bit surprising for a company that I otherwise love so much.

They can likely increase sales, generate more revenue, sell cars sooner, and make customers happy if they would just staff the CPO department appropriately and build that cost into the price of the car. Most cosmetic issues with the cars I have seen can be fixed easily and based on volume, Tesla can fix minor damage at the wholesale rate. Seems this would be much better than the current mess where multiple customers may reject the same car when they see all the damage and balk at paying $60K for a banged up car.

Every other car manufacturer in the US sells used cars in a more reasonable manner while offering a quality product.

I know there is a lot on Tesla's plate but neither Tesla nor their customers deserve such an awful car buying process. Next year, they could have twice as many used cars to sell. If they don;t get ahead of this, they are going to have an even bigger mess.

I wish they would hire the person who runs the CPO program for Mercedes, Audi, or BMW and give that person a mandate to come up with a reasonable way to sell cars while also generating revenue. Both these goals does not need to be mutual exclusive. You don't need to treat customers unfairly to make money.

The active sales people at a store most likely are not compensated well for used-sales vs. new-sales. Everything is fixed with money.

I was just watching this YouTube video, and this make me wonder why anyone would like
to make a non returnable deposit for a CPO which is not local and cannot be examined?

01/01/2019 - What did you do with my Tesla Elon!

Tesla has a huge market value. People seem to confuse that with Tesla being a huge company. They're not. They do not have the size and resources GM does. Getting 32kb pictures of a 65k dollar car is exactly the result of Tesla being a more of "mom and pop auto sales" outfit. Right now they are the only game in town for an EV with decent looks and range.

But soon, it looks like very soon, this will change. Will the OP, in 2 or 3 years, really buy a Tesla? Not if VW is selling a comparable car, cheaper with better service.

I love Tesla but I'm scared for their future, long term.

Reactions: kavyboy

Do you want to buy my 90D for $61k? it's the same color, 40K/miles, specs in my sig and i'll send you as many pics as you want.

Tesla has a huge market value. People seem to confuse that with Tesla being a huge company. They're not. They do not have the size and resources GM does. Getting 32kb pictures of a 65k dollar car is exactly the result of Tesla being a more of "mom and pop auto sales" outfit. Right now they are the only game in town for an EV with decent looks and range.

But soon, it looks like very soon, this will change. Will the OP, in 2 or 3 years, really buy a Tesla? Not if VW is selling a comparable car, cheaper with better service.

32kb pictures on a 65K vehicle is unacceptable and any dealership who would do that would have terrible ratings online.

Tesla can only get away with this because the competition is not even close, but the CPO process is honestly pathetic.

Having said that, I CANT WAIT to get my P85D !

Funny how you put that. They are a mom and a pop operation when they charge $65,000 for a used car but can't be bothered to show photos of the car, disclose the condition of the car, offer a test drive, or at least show high resolution photos of the car.

You know what is ironic about your analogy?

Actual mom and pop dealers who sell used cars for 1/3 that cost somehow manage to refurbish the cars they sell and show high resolution photos. :rolleyes:

Operating like a mom and pop operation would be a huge improvement from what we have now.