Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This time actually, I bought a MS.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brand new 50miles.

upload_2019-5-24_15-36-9.png

I've searched the Teslainventory website, toof, never saw anything that came that close to 60k. I've talked to sales people. They seemed unwilling to scout out cars such as this, when i called up asking specifically for a car with some miles on it, or a good discount, anything like that. i saw the car in Hawaii and wonder how that one will turn out for the buyer since Tesla won't pay to ship it back to the mainland. Oh well. Congrats on your deal!

Nothing on the site below 78k and those are base levels, why would Tesla price your cars 10-20k lower? Even with 2000 miles I’ve never seen anything close
They just randomly put things up for sale. I know when I was looking at mine there were also 2 other 100D in black with FSD for $75,100 and $75,300. One had 1,000 miles and the other had 1,300. From what I can tell they discount the demo/test drive/showrooms more than just the inventory stock that is just sitting.

I think the OP bought a car with an early 2018 VIN, he may not have MCU2, which could be why his price was so low. I don’t know my production date yet but my VIN is 289XXX so I know I have MCU2.

My best advice is to constantly check inventory every 30-60 minutes. The best deals always go fast so you have to constantly be on the lookout. And be ready to click that buy button. I know I missed a couple of deals because I hesitated and wanted to wait for something better.

What is MCU2?

Can someone clarify AP vs EAP on 2019 models? I know AP used to be non FSD upgradable (pre 2017 I think?), then the AP or EAP was a choice, then some EAP features shifted to FSD, but if I find a new AP car can I go to EAP and/or FSD?

And why does it show base of 97,500?

The base price was $97,500 before they dropped it to $94,000 on August 29th, 2017.

I think he may have actually ended up with a 2017, and not a 2018, which could explain such a large price adjustment. Just seems odd that a 2017 would only have 50 miles on it. Maybe it was forgotten in the factory??

What is MCU2?

Can someone clarify AP vs EAP on 2019 models? I know AP used to be non FSD upgradable (pre 2017 I think?), then the AP or EAP was a choice, then some EAP features shifted to FSD, but if I find a new AP car can I go to EAP and/or FSD?

In March of 2018, Tesla switched to Intel chips to run the computers for the car, MCU2. The previous chip, MCU1, was in the car since it was first produced in 2012. MCU2 runs much faster and makes everything done on the touchscreen smoother. There are numerous articles explaining the real differences but that is the quick and simple version.

CC25D66A-E8F9-4BA3-A601-F5547FB214AA.jpeg
What is MCU2?

I found this handy chart on Google images explaining all the different version of AP and what is included with what. The pricing isn’t accurate anymore but the features are. My apologies that I don’t know who made the chart and can’t credit them but thank you mystery person!

I've searched the Teslainventory website, toof, never saw anything that came that close to 60k. I've talked to sales people. They seemed unwilling to scout out cars such as this, when i called up asking specifically for a car with some miles on it, or a good discount, anything like that. i saw the car in Hawaii and wonder how that one will turn out for the buyer since Tesla won't pay to ship it back to the mainland. Oh well. Congrats on your deal!

Didn’t buy that one in Hawaii- I did, but then the OA called me and said about the issues with the car being in Hawaii and how it had been canceled three times. This car was available in San Francisco.

The OA called me four minutes after it posted, because she had release the car after it was a canceled sale due to failed finance.
Lucky timing I guess.
I can confirm it has under 100 miles. I’m not sure how has under hundred miles, but it is a brand new car.

The base price was $97,500 before they dropped it to $94,000 on August 29th, 2017.

I think he may have actually ended up with a 2017, and not a 2018, which could explain such a large price adjustment. Just seems odd that a 2017 would only have 50 miles on it. Maybe it was forgotten in the factory??
You’re right, it’s build date is 12/21/2017.
So yes it was built in 2017.

It is a very decent deal.

There was a newer unicorn (VIN: 291414) 2018 S100D with EAP ($5K)+ FSD ($3K) + Premium Color (Blue 1.5K) + Sunroof ($2K) for out the door $73K (including transportation). Removal of EAP+FSD would have made it $65K. So about $2K more but trade off is 2018 model with MCU2 screen, sunroof, and premium color.

Yep!
Although removal of that is only $6k and I know as I tried to do it on many many inventory cars...

Did they remove the 21s for you?
Not a huge need right now. Wanted to lower price as much as I could ($5000 off). Will wait for a deal on FSD to pop up, if not will just trial and then pay the $6000 when I can.

If you remove EAP, you won't get FSD for $6K. It will be $2K for AP + $6K for FSD (Total 8K) assuming you will get the delivery price, and not the increased post delivery price which is 10K combined for AP+FSD.

Whereas as is EAP is $5K , and on off FSD will be $3K (again total is $8K).

My Tesla rep says no S ever sells near this price, I told him to find me a comparable deal and he’s asking for a VIN. I assume you aren’t interested in sharing but anything you can provide as proof would be greatly appreciated. Clock is ticking, my M3 is on order, tech credit drop next month, etc. I’ll buy a MS but only at fire sale price since they aren’t already outdated with Raven