Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This time actually, I bought a MS.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla rep says no S ever sells near this price, I told him to find me a comparable deal and he’s asking for a VIN. I assume you aren’t interested in sharing but anything you can provide as proof would be greatly appreciated. Clock is ticking, my M3 is on order, tech credit drop next month, etc. I’ll buy a MS but only at fire sale price since they aren’t already outdated with Raven

Dude, the MVPA is above.
$64,350 and with Tax Credit, it is $60,500.
If you want to investigate, go ahead. Find a better OA, or use a site. I did my research, found sites, spoke with people who consistently find deals and they helped me.
Yes the OA helped me finalize the deal, but the OA came in after the $2,500 deposit was down.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
My Tesla rep says no S ever sells near this price, I told him to find me a comparable deal and he’s asking for a VIN. I assume you aren’t interested in sharing but anything you can provide as proof would be greatly appreciated. Clock is ticking, my M3 is on order, tech credit drop next month, etc. I’ll buy a MS but only at fire sale price since they aren’t already outdated with Raven

Give him this VIN: 5YJSA1E29JF291378

This was S100D with FSD for $71K.
If you remove AP+FSD (or EAP+FSD): It would have been $63K. (+1200 for transportation, and -3750 for Tax Rebate, resulting in net: $60,450)

Based on high VIN number, it was probably Sept/October 2018 build, so with newer MCU 2.0 as well, unlike the 2017 model S with MCU 1.0 (slower).

Good luck.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I've seen this mentioned a few times recently. Please see my post here: Someone buy this X 100D 6 seater with EAP for $69K

Thank you for your subscription.

Of course Hank, and I found your site extrmemley helpful, specifically, in the used car sector for Tesla. I was very close multiple times, and found the best feature was being email notfiied of new listings, or price changes within a "configuration" that I set. It actually worked for the configuration of "BINGO!" - however, when I asked the wife, she mentioned she would prefer new, over used if we spend this much.

As hand mentioned, his site like others work, and in different ways. However, as a consumer, I am lookng for best options for my needs, and if that means that one work better for me personally, then I will use that. It's capatalism, and even though I used both platforms, I found that the Tesla Inventory List - Find your next car website just worked for me at the time, I was looking.

As a consumer, if would be negligent to just utilize one, and for me, paying $36 to EV-CPO was a more than reasnable offer to receive hourly updates to my email for cars that had the set configuraiton I desired.

Be a smart consumer, utilize everything you can, because when purchasing a new or used Tesla, what is $30?

Reactions: EV-CPO
So I have to "Man-Up" here and admit that my pessimistic view turned out to be wrong. I saw a similar deal offered in the Tesla Showroom deals on FB today. Same exact scenario...

If the car you saw was a red 100D, VIN 248515 for 67k; that vehicle was taken off the site before it sold. My OA told me it was a return that was posted as new, in error. Others reported that the car was returned with damage. I share your pessimism. The unicorn Teslas are very rare.

8874A95D-BB55-4722-A6D2-3E281F1E4A07.jpeg
5E501F8B-21A6-4179-A7D0-11614AFAF7F4.jpeg
Congrats, post some pics. :)

I still need to have the front plate removed and I’m debating if I want to spend money on the one wheel that has some pretty bad curb rash. I am also going to have my windows tinted since I live in sunny Tampa, so I think that will take priority first over the wheel which I don’t really see since it was the rear passenger side. My abstract ocean LED lights come tomorrow and I can’t wait to install those, the ones in the trunk are so dim it’s kind of a joke they are even there.

Reactions: pete8314
Took Delivery on Monday. Added the new shoes, removed front license plate, installed the iPhone quick adapter and put in the all weather mats right away. Also getting 20% tint all round, completed today.
Super happy with it.
I was worried about the huge discount, but cosmetically it is in great condition, just might need a major detail to remove all the dirt in the various crevices from sitting in storage.
Two things wrong - the secondary actuator on the frunk is faulty, and the charging plug won't accept the supercharger, as it is a problem with late 2017, early 2018 Model S' where its a very snug fit and takes a few times to get it connected. Service was booked at delivery and hopefully a mobile service can come out and complete the task themselves within the week.
Wife is in love with the Glass roof.
For a car that sat for so long, its amazing it had 132 miles, over a year old, but still has the new car smell.

FullSizeRender.jpg

The tight charge port will get better in time even without any fixes. Our Dec 2017 MX got the same problem. I used to have to body slam the plug in. Now it goes in smoothly without the fix. I think the fix is to file down some of the plastic. Congrats on your ms! You got a smoking deal!