Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This truck design had better be a joke....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this sums up the design aesthetic best :

EKCkGdlUEAAuqTU.jpg

Not to take anything away from the Rivian, but it already looks dated and old-fashioned. I never cared for their light bar and oval lights. The lightbar alone might have been fine but the oval vertical lights just look out of place to me. The rest of the exterior just looks plain and decades old design. It does have a lot going for it otherwise and hope they do well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank42
Without the sloped roof as designed, I don’t see putting an air mattress in the back and having a glass bed cover overhead for that same, wonderful open sky look we love in our glass roof Teslas. If you are sleeping back there with chance of rain overnight, which would you rather lie under? Rather claustrophobic if flat horizontal as opposed to a now “vaulted” ceiling at head end by the cab. Would also preclude keeping taller items that could sit stored in the bed near the cab from having a nice retractable source of protection from the elements.

I do think a lot of consideration was put into that sloped rear bed area and their solution offers the best of all worlds. People can still keep the cover retracted and get full open use of the cab and the sides offer support to things stored inside along the slanted sides (besides storage area).

Last edited:
I know there's a lot of "disagreement" on the styling, but it reminds me of a vehicle I owned in 1973. It even had flat panel styling and a "charge port" high up on the body near a wheel well, just like the Cybertruck.

00w0w_8IuuncfFdil_600x450.jpg

VW called it the THING - seemed appropriate at the time. In case you think I'm being overly negative, I placed a deposit for the Thing's offspring on the Tesla website. Somehow THING 2 seems like an appropriate name instead of CYBRTRK
I've been looking for one of these to send to ZElectric!

How so? the truck is price on par or a little less money than ice trucks with similar towing capablities? How is the tesla truck not a prudent money decision?
Just joking, I cannot make good use of this as a work truck because it does not have an 8' bed option and I personally really need an 8' bed for my contracting needs as well as the tow rating which is right at the limit of what I need to tow sometimes (14k gross dump trailer) and towing at the limit is not the safest thing to do, my joke was at the design, to me personally it is butt ugly, just my opinion though, I do get that it is a killer value and Tesla must have some crazy efficiencies built into pricing this vehicle as I cannot imagine this much vehicle for so little!

Reactions: Big Ike
I wish Tesla had pointed out some of the less obvious features. For example the L tracked rail for tie downs and the floor and side slots for mounting points.
Mentioned briefly in this video at 12:00 and a nice summary as long as you don't mind the advertisement at the end.