Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those misisng paint in the door jambs...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean my video ? Primer issues everywhere?

Yes. We have now case going on towards Tesla because of this @ Finland. It is not acceptable that it showing like this. My model 3 is familiar called "primer model 3...."

They have tried to save the money & time to leave painting out of hinges, door panels, body panels etc & just to say it is thin like TENT in fremont... Now they will need to fix it again.

We know that that they started to leave paint out of those place has started around 2018 - may - july timeframe because there was a fire on Tesla Fremont and it affected to the robots.. We have had users on our facebook group "Tesla Model 3 owners worldwide with paint issues" saying that early 2018 cars had those areas painted. Tesla Model 3 owners worldwide with paint issues

Source for above sentence: Tesla workers say the factory paint shop is a mess and fires are worse than Tesla let on

"Engineers scrambled to repurpose equipment in the paint shop that week so that robots could be used to put primer on both the interior and exterior surfaces of Model 3 vehicles. Before the fire, separate robots handled interior and exterior primer application. "

Also check the latest on: Model 3 paint wearing off

Here is my primer picture thread @ Twitter: J Savolainen on Twitter

Wow, that is a poor poor paint job. Wonder if it's the same on other colors too or is it has got better in the currently produced cars.

Tesla really needs some competition to push them to improve QA.