Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those who placed orders without EAP/FSD did Tesla reach out saying price will increase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
I am guessing most Tesla owners are not on TMC and do not follow every Tesla price move.

It’s possible the last brouhah of price drops and EAP/FSD price dump went unnoticed.

Elon Musk says it was a mistake. I would like to test the hypothesis it wasn’t a mistake.

Was anyone upsold, called or emailed and told EAP/FSD will increase and they must act this week or miss out?

Thanks for your time.

No call or e-mail. BUT when I saw I could order AutoPilot for $2K I jumped on it. Last night it downloaded and my car has it. I for one am happy. Initially the price was $5000, then jumped to $6000, I had an offer after the trial for $5,500, which was still a bit too much for me. But at $2K I am happy.

No and I think it's weird they didn't reach out to people to try and sell it. I'm waiting on the model Y reveal Thursday night just incase I'm blown away and decide I want that over my model 3. That is unlikely so i just need to convince the wife not to kill me after I spend $2k on autopilot ;)

That's a great question.

One thing to add is the Tesla Inbox side of the App.

The app will typically have messages from Tesla.

I already had EAP+FSD from the purchase of the vehicle so I wouldn't have gotten anything.

The last message was "Give 6 months free of Supercharging" on 12/15/2018 so clearly they use it for a demand lever. But, I haven't heard anyone get anything about the AP/FSD discounts.

That's a great question.

One thing to add is the Tesla Inbox side of the App.

The app will typically have messages from Tesla.

I already had EAP+FSD from the purchase of the vehicle so I wouldn't have gotten anything.

The last message was "Give 6 months free of Supercharging" on 12/15/2018 so clearly they use it for a demand lever. But, I haven't heard anyone get anything about the AP/FSD discounts.
Also nothing there since December, and I only had EAP until yesterday. I would bet that Tesla doesn't have the ability to individually target messages sent to the app inbox.

No email or call for me either. May be the revenue from fsd purchase is not much.

It is super easy to promote fsd or ap+fsd before the upcoming price hike by simply sending a mass email.

I did pull the trigger on fsd for $2k yesterday after reading Elon’s tweet.

I had a friend who is ordering his Model 3 this week tell me about the pricing, so yeah, for 2k for basically what I really wanted (TACC, Autosteer) that is a steal. I kind of knew about it, as I try and stay plugged in while on the jobsite, but honestly, no one reached out to me.