Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those who switched from a muscle, sports, or performance car to a Tesla...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still have a 52 Chevy Hot Rod, a 2007 Corvette Z06 and an original 1966 427 Cobra. I enjoy driving the P85DL most of the time if my wife isn't using it since it's her car. The Tesla is a much better daily driver. The others are fun for different reasons. They make neat sounds and it's fun to row through the gears and the Corvette and Cobra corner better. Before upgrading to Ludicrous the Corvette and Tesla had the same quarter mile times. The Tesla is quicker now but the Corvette is still quicker at higher speeds indicated by a higher top speed in the quarter. The Cobra and Chevy are more like toys. My wife calls all them SUVs Stupid Useless Vehicles. I also like the idea of paying so little for fuel on the Tesla. However, on an overall cost basis my ICE vehicles have been much less expensive to own when you include all costs of ownership.

For me, it was between the P85D and the new Acura NSX. I had the previous NSX and absolutely loved it! That all changed when I test drove the Model S last year. I picked up my MS 2 days ago and IMO is the best car out there. I live in the suburbs of Chicago, and the 40 mile commute on Autopilot is a dream come true. No more trains for this guy. My commute is still 2-3 hours a day, but it is now my time, with my music, and my Tesla. There is no comparison. There is no substitute. Thank you Elon!

I had a totally tricked out Acura RDX: relashed EPROM, cold air intake, new shocks, handmade stainless low restriction exhaust. Ran 300bhp. My P85+ puts it completely to shame. There is absolutely nothing that can compare to that instant acceleration the very second you hit the go pedal. Nothing. And she handles like a dream. Point and shoot in an instant.

I'm currently deciding between a Model 3 and a brand new Camaro SS.

Its funny that your other choice is a Camaro SS. While 150+ of us were standing in line this morning to put down a deposit on a Model 3 at the West Palm Beach service center, a new Camaro SS driver felt compelled to slow down past us, and then do a massive, and loud, burnout. 35-40 years ago, that kid might have been me in my 455HO Trans Am, but today my only thought was "Grow up!".
The older I get, the more the gas fumes, noise, and clouds of exhaust smoke bother me. In years to come, I think the drivers of smoke-belching, noisy ICE vehicles will be castigated the same way public smokers are today.

• Disagree
Reactions: Eclectic
Funny! I encountered a 90's Z28 that seemed to want to race exiting the freeway. We stopped along side each other and he laid down a big smoking burnout. I was able to get just in front of him at a stop sign, turned off my traction control and returned the favor. May car smelled like burnt rubber for the rest of the day but it was fun.

I sold my 1997 Dodge Viper just after getting my P85. Very similar cars, both high performance, very unique (much more so the Viper in California), absolutely gorgeous and very American. I miss the stick shift, the hard acceleration (even at 130mph) and the amazing V10 sound but the P85 is infinitely more practical. My next car will be another Viper or a Ferrari. I will still have the P85 then...