Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those with EnhancedAP to receive 3k discount on FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not clear if the MY will have the same $hit$how as the Model 3 with pricing since there will be ZERO federal incentives in the equation....

Yup. Plus the fact they're reusing so high a % of Model 3 parts/assembly methods means they've already gotten a lot of the economy-of-scale savings baked in, so prices are likely to be a lot more stable overall

Regarding the price going lower, how much lower do you really think it could go? It's not like they are going to sell it for $500, they would lose money. On the other hand, if enhanced summon works as well as promised and we gain some FSD features in the near future, why would they keep it at current prices?

I jumped on the upgrade to FSD from my EAP at 2k. That softened the blow of having paid 7k for EAP.

Any idea when we will see this $3k discount? Still showing $6k for FSD upgrade in account!
The last price drop took several days after the announcement, for some reason.

Regarding the price going lower, how much lower do you really think it could go? It's not like they are going to sell it for $500, they would lose money. On the other hand, if enhanced summon works as well as promised and we gain some FSD features in the near future, why would they keep it at current prices?

I jumped on the upgrade to FSD from my EAP at 2k. That softened the blow of having paid 7k for EAP.

I missed the 2K upgrade from EAP to FSD and hope to get in at 3K this time.

Reactions: Nocturnal

For $2k, Elon would prolly get plenty of takers. OTOH, I get the need to raise price as more features come online, but not sure Advanced Summon will do it. (Yeah, I get that we're getting much lazier as a society, but walking across a parking lot to your car ain't that physically taxing. :rolleyes: ) To me, Advanced Summon is a nice-to-have, for which few have a real need; those folks will easily pay more. The rest of us, won't be interested in paying $6k for a cool trick to show off to your friends every so often.)

Besides value prop, the problem Elon has is total costs out the door. Even if FSD is truly worth say, $10k extra, the masses just don't have that extra cash lying around. Elon can raise prices all he wants, but eventually, the upscale car just stays upscale. And if that is the case, he won't be able to sell a half million of them per year. There's a reason that the best selling sedan most years -- the Toyota Camry -- starts at $24k list price. The Corolla and Civic, the next most purchased sedans have a list price of <$20k. The base model 3 is nearly 2x that amount, with no haggling.

Reactions: outdoors
That’s cool, $2-3K would be nice to upgrade from enhanced Autopilot to FSD for software and get new HW3 which if anything will make screen operate smoother and be able to process more items making car possibly even safer. Let’s wait and see.
This was my thinking when it was 2k and I opted to buy it, I thought maybe just having HW3 will make the autopilot smoother and more reliable with future software development given the 10X processing power vs. HW2.5, I could be wrong but that is really the reason I opted for the FSD when on sale.

Any idea when we will see this $3k discount? Still showing $6k for FSD upgrade in account!
For $2k, Elon would prolly get plenty of takers. OTOH, I get the need to raise price as more features come online, but not sure Advanced Summon will do it. (Yeah, I get that we're getting much lazier as a society, but walking across a parking lot to your car ain't that physically taxing. :rolleyes: ) To me, Advanced Summon is a nice-to-have, for which few have a real need; those folks will easily pay more. The rest of us, won't be interested in paying $6k for a cool trick to show off to your friends every so often.)

Besides value prop, the problem Elon has is total costs out the door. Even if FSD is truly worth say, $10k extra, the masses just don't have that extra cash lying around. Elon can raise prices all he wants, but eventually, the upscale car just stays upscale. And if that is the case, he won't be able to sell a half million of them per year. There's a reason that the best selling sedan most years -- the Toyota Camry -- starts at $24k list price. The Corolla and Civic, the next most purchased sedans have a list price of <$20k. The base model 3 is nearly 2x that amount, with no haggling.
I'm not sure they will be selling cars for very long after FSD is complete. (level 5 at least)

Regarding the price going lower, how much lower do you really think it could go? It's not like they are going to sell it for $500, they would lose money.

For cars with older hardware maybe. For all cars with new hardware, it doens't cost Tesla anything to activate FSD. In fact, I'd argue it benefits them as they get to use the data for their future robo-fleet which may be the huge money maker for them. I realize they won't offer it for free, but I imagine they are trying to strike the balance of its usefulness in a consumer vs business model.

What do you want to know?

My car:
Midnight Silver Metallic
Black Premium Interior
Long Range
RWD
~$50,500

Current offering:
Midnight Silver Metallic
Black Premium Interior
Long Range
AWD Dual Motor
Autopilot

$48,990

I fully expected my car to become a little cheaper to purchase over time (for the clowns comparing a car to a tv). And $1,510 cheaper within ~6 months wouldn't be a problem at all. Even $2,000-3,000 isn't a big deal. But it's ~$1500 cheaper, and getting what, ~$9,000 in free hardware/software to boot? A ~$10,000 drop in price is quite a large pill to swallow.

(I don't remember how much the AWD upgrade was [$6,000?] and I'm just assuming the current "Autopilot" would be priced around $3,000 since it was bumped to $6,000 around the time I bought my car.)
You are ignoring what you got in rebate.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tysto and alseTrick