Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts about Tesla and their tire choice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to be clear... I hope nobody thinks the stock tires are good for snow. They are not. And since the stock tires don't last more than 15K miles (at least the rear ones)
you won't have to worry about these stock tires for long.

My stock all season tires do great in the snow here in Ohio. I drive in the snow and ice all winter. They still have plenty of tread at 29,000 miles.

Continental

I've never really researched the manufacturer's warranty programs before, usually received some sort of program from the store where I purchased them from (road hazard etc).

But take a look at the Continental warranty when you buy their tires and register the purchase. I think it's pretty good, great for Tesla owners since we don't have a "functioning spare".

They cover 3 events over 3 years. Free replacement in the first 12 months.

I just replaced my tires on my S and registered them. Received an email with a member number and an 800 number to call.

I wish Tesla would have told me about this.

I was informed by the Great Folks at Unplugged Performance where I purchased their UP02s in 22" and Conti DWS06 for our MX P100D.

Hopefully this rings some awareness to others as well.

I will give them a try. Certainly, Tesla has been totally unwilling to help despite their admission that the alignment was somewhat off. They claim that wearing through a set of tires in 14K miles is "normal". Obviously, I won't be getting any of their tires again.

• Disagree
Reactions: Pilot4Hire102
I've got 17K on my Conti's and they still have plenty of tread left (7/32") with even wear on all 4. I generally ride around town in standard with auto-low set to 60 mph. I found the all-season Conti-Silents to be very good in snow this winter.