Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on ART Replica 171 wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha cool :) I don't have money for these mods yet, except the rims.

Was going to paint the calipers myself, and *maybe* try doing the chrome delete too. But I kind of like the chrome accents.

What do you think, which version do you like best.

Here's another version with the rear passenger window tinted to about 50%.

So many options, so little money :)

Yes I mind! Now my original car looks lacking.
Those mods look great! Maybe I'll end up doing those to my car ... eventually....

Attachments

• model_3_modded.jpg
    model_3_modded.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 702
Haha cool :) I don't have money for these mods yet, except the rims.

Was going to paint the calipers myself, and *maybe* try doing the chrome delete too. But I kind of like the chrome accents.

What do you think, which version do you like best.

Here's another version with the rear passenger window tinted to about 50%.

So many options, so little money :)

I personally like the version w/o chrome delete. Maybe if it had darker rims then chrome delete would look better. But tint, and red calipers look great

I personally like the version w/o chrome delete. Maybe if it had darker rims then chrome delete would look better. But tint, and red calipers look great

Thanks for your feedback :) I'm thinking the same - I like the chrome actually, with tint and red calipers.

Left you one last photo with the combination you like, hopefully it's useful for your future modding :)

Attachments

• model_3_tint35_calipers_rims.jpg
    model_3_tint35_calipers_rims.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 640
How are owners with the Replica 171 enjoying these wheels? I am thinking about these for my winter tire set up.

Enjoying mine so far, although they are my new summers and the aero wheels have been demoted to winter. Can't really speak to durability or how they will hold up in winter though.

Apart from some small defects in the paint finish I'm happy with them. Great bang for the buck! Also, I like how these are replicas of the turbine wheels and not the slipstreams.

Reactions: electricM3
UPDATE: Had the winter tires mounted on these rims and put them on the car.
So far so good (apart from an issue with the wrong TPMS purchased separately).

I like the look of it on my MSM Model 3. Will post pictures if it's valuable to anyone.
I got the "gun metal" rims, which are more like a dark grey.

So far still no issues, I’m really happy with the value.
I got these at PMC and at $168 per wheel. Especially compared to the other popular options which are much more expensive. The fit is perfect and the weight seems on par with OEM.
Surprised these aren’t talked about more. I may make a review video on these, since I was really happy when I found out about them from this thread.

The new black version may appeal to all the Batmen out there who needed to cover anything shiny that might make them visible to the criminals roaming around at night.

So far still no issues, I’m really happy with the value.
I got these at PMC and at $168 per wheel. Especially compared to the other popular options which are much more expensive. The fit is perfect and the weight seems on par with OEM.
Surprised these aren’t talked about more. I may make a review video on these, since I was really happy when I found out about them from this thread.

The new black version may appeal to all the Batmen out there who needed to cover anything shiny that might make them visible to the criminals roaming around at night.
Where did you get yours installed?

Dears, after going thru this thread I am pretty sure I don't have to worry about ART Replica 171 wheel fitment on my model 3. They are currently in stock at PMC Tire (Art Replica Wheels - Replica 171 - Gun Metal) I am about to order now. However after reading their 'fitment test' - like test one wheel only first before mounting and balancing, no return accepted for mounted ones if fitment issue - I am bit worried. That during this busy season shops may not be really interested to do this test first for fitment before they mount, balance and install!

So I am thinking based on all these real examples from you guys I am good to go with my purchase of these wheels and don't really bother about fitment test. What you think? I should be ok without a fitment test on this one?

Also, does anyone has any recommendation of a place in Kitchener-Waterloo area they know how to work with Teslas and can do mounting, balancing and installing.

TIA

Looks really nice!
I thought the black 171 was supposed to have a satin finish. Those look fairly glossy to me.

For those interested, Art 171 in black w/ X-ice from PMC tire. I installed them myself 2 weeks ago and no problems so far. Tires seem to be much quieter than the Blizzzak ws-80 that I have on my Bolt.
View attachment 487869 View attachment 487870

Last edited: