Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on AWD tied to PUP and LR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my invite to configure, and I'm debating if I want to wait for AWD. I live in upstate NY so I have to deal with some serious snow when driving several times throughout the winter. Is there any information or assumptions about once AWD is available, will it be simply available as an add-on to the existing configuration? Or would it be available with the SR battery? I'm already pushing how much I'm comfortably spending, but if AWD (in the next 6-12 months) meant that I'd have to get PUP+LR+AWD, meaning around $55k, that might make my decision easier.

My assumption is that they will add the AWD package to the available options and it will include SAS at a price of $5,500.

So it will be PUP+LR+AWD/SAS starting maybe in August. Non-PUP and SR will come very late this year or early next.

Elon Musk has said that air suspension will come out with AWD and that the price would be under $5,000. As for whether PUP and LR are still going to be required on all orders when AWD becomes an option, I would bet on it.

Elon Musk has said that air suspension will come out with AWD and that the price would be under $5,000. As for whether PUP and LR are still going to be required on all orders when AWD becomes an option, I would bet on it.
He didn't exactly say that. He did say that AWD will be less than $5k. He also said that SAS will be "tied to" AWD. He didn't say that SAS will be part of AWD. It may be - I don't know. He just didn't say that. It's possible they would have SAS as an add-on when you get AWD.