Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on recent service visit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I would share my recent experiences with Tesla service after interacting with both mobile service and the new South Austin Service Center.

When new last September, my M3P threw the 'passenger restraint system fault' a few times. Through this forum found out about the often loose connector under the seat, tightened it and the faults disappeared for about six months.

Beginning in late March, the faults recurred with almost every drive. Especially annoying as they often cleared then faulted again multiple times in a row resulting in the warning chime sounding over and over again.

Put in a service request and ranger came out about one week later. They had earlier appointments but were not convenient for me. Anyway, he showed up in the time window, was pleasant, and seemed to know about the problem. Told me he would do the recommended fix but if it faulted again, Tesla would replace the seat. After about 15 minutes he was done and all seemed good. However early this month it started happening again.

I again used the app for a service appointment and was initially set up for another mobile appointment but after reviewed by Tesla, they stated a seat replacement would be necessary and so I needed to bring it in to the service center. This appointment was set up for 5/11 so again about a week after requesting. On 5/10 they messaged that the seat was not in yet and I needed to be rescheduled. I was on vacation last week so 5/24 was next available date that worked for me.

Received an app message from the service advisor yesterday that confirmed the appointment and he also told me that since the repair was expected to take overnight, they would provide a loaner. Nice surprise!

This morning I showed up and was immediately taken care of. He described what they were planning to do, I asked for a tire rotation as well, and he gave me the fob to a M3LR. After I had him explain how the fob works (lol), I was on my way in <10 minutes.

Received a call about two hours later that they had found a nail in the sidewall of one of my tires and they recommended replacement. Though obviously overpriced I agreed and the advisor told me they would have the car ready early.

Surprised when I got a message only 3 hours after I dropped it that it was ready. Paid the invoice, drove the loaner back to the service center, reviewed their work with the advisor, got in my car and left. Total time from home in the morning to office with my car this afternoon was about 5 hours.

Really happy with my first Tesla service experience. My advisor told me they are trying to be more efficient and do a better job. No complaints really and for those in Austin, I have no concerns recommending the South Austin location.

tl;dr: Had a super fast repair that involved replacing my passenger seat, excellent customer service and quite positive experience with the new South Austin Service Center. Even got a loaner!

I recently had a positive experience as well. Went in for what I was pretty sure was a wheel bearing issue. They confirmed the front right wheel bearing was bad and replaced it. When they took it for a test drive after the repair, it was still making some noise. They didn’t have a second bearing in stock, so they gave me a model S loaner. Next morning my car was ready with new front wheel bearings.

No charge to me (well I would have argued a bit if they tried to claim wheel bearings at 3500 miles are wear and tear). But hearing all the horror stories of Tesla doing their best to deny warranty claims and giving Uber credits instead of loaners - I was very pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: UncleCreepy