Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more free loaners, now $100 a day.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My service appointment was coming up so I contacted the service department to see if I could get a loaner, since it would be an all-day repair and we have dropped down to just the one vehicle. Now I'm told it's $100 a day for a loaner unless it's a warranty repair, where they leave it free.

Are you kidding me?! Part of the reason we went down to one Tesla was because of this free loaner with service. We knew we wouldn't need another one other than that. Wow, this company does everything it can to stab its own customers in the back.

They've not offered free loaners for out of waranty vehicles for quite awhile now. Just do a TMC search. This post was the first search hit and is dated July 2022.

Thread No more Uber Credits or loaners after warranty expiration

They probably stopped giving loaners for out of waranty work before that. Tesla is always changing. What was true when you bought your car is probably not be true now.

Last edited:
Loaners for out of warranty work have been a non-starter here for years. This is not a new thing.

Even for warranty work, my local service center only offers up a loaner if you ask AND the service is expected to last more than 24 hours.

They are happy to call up Enterprise for you though and have an arrangement with a nearby location such that they’ll come pick you up.

They've not offered free loaners for out of waranty vehicles for quite awhile now. Just do a TMC search. This post was the first search hit and is dated July 2022.

Thread No more Uber Credits or loaners after warranty expiration

They probably stopped giving loaners for out of waranty work before that. Tesla is always changing. What was true when you bought your car is probably not be true now.

Yes, I was a fool for trusting Tesla. But, they were offering feed loaners here as of last month. So, I guess it caught me by surprise. Which is itself surprising as much as I read these forums. Guess I was just venting.

• Disagree
Reactions: Super_Popular