Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on Tesla Model 3 Megan EZII Series Coilovers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I once had a Toyota MR-S and I got a brand of asian coilovers for it with a reputation for being crap. Ended up being fantastic, many autocross street tire FTDs, never had any problem with them, decent comfort on the street. Probably helped that it was a 2,000lbs car with not much power and running street tires, but whatever. Loved em. Hope these work out as well!
Was either this, BC or Tein. Figured for price I’d give it a try. I know the Lexus guys seem to love em. The progressive D2 springs I had handled well but were raked in back and then began to sag unevenly. At least coilovers can be individually adjusted. I’m not looking to track just street.

The welds and the lower arm on that coil seem very very thin no?...I could be wrong...

see the difference in the photo below?....just don't want you to regret and be safe more than anything

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 7.55.39 PM.png

The welds and the lower arm on that coil seem very very thin no?...I could be wrong...

see the difference in the photo below?....just don't want you to regret and be safe more than anything

View attachment 819810
AWD has a different front suspension. What you pictured would not fit RWD. The welds on the Megan’s look computer / laser perfect almost like a solid piece. So I don’t think we can compare these.

View attachment 819810

View attachment 819810
BTW rear shocks and springs look identical. And BC = Megan.

yes that's true, but they are NOT the same...you need to do a youtube search...megan has a lower standard, and that's why they are sold cheaper...they compared the welds and everything, and found that the strength and quality is NOT the same as the ones sold under the BC name

yes that's true, but they are NOT the same...you need to do a youtube search...megan has a lower standard, and that's why they are sold cheaper...they compared the welds and everything, and found that the strength and quality is NOT the same as the ones sold under the BC name
Idk man beleive what you want to beleive but they sure look the same to me just different stickers. I bet same design and come out of the same Chinese factory. You'd have to put them side by side to be certain maybe even cut them open. I don't trust youtube bias and couldnt find too much info anyway. Neither are KW lol. All I can say is the price is right hopefully they last. I've heard plenty of positive and negative feedback on BC, Tein, etc...

I’ve got H&R springs now with a good amount of NVH so I’ll probably switch to a full coilover soon.
At the risk of going too far off topic...@canasion35 do you just mean harshness from the springs being stiffer and lower? Or did they add noise or increase vibrations too for some reason?

I've never replaced springs alone on a car but I always imagined they wouldn't really add/change any noise from the suspension. I thought coilovers would be riskier for noise TBH but I'm no expert. (Good coilovers will ride and handle way way better than lowering springs on the stock Model 3 dampers though...just purely in terms of noise, I always assumed staying with stock dampers would be lowest risk.)

At the risk of going too far off topic...@canasion35 do you just mean harshness from the springs being stiffer and lower? Or did they add noise or increase vibrations too for some reason?

I've never replaced springs alone on a car but I always imagined they wouldn't really add/change any noise from the suspension. I thought coilovers would be riskier for noise TBH but I'm no expert. (Good coilovers will ride and handle way way better than lowering springs on the stock Model 3 dampers though...just purely in terms of noise, I always assumed staying with stock dampers would be lowest risk.)
My stock suspension with prog D2 springs started binding after about 14k miles. Stock mount does not have a bearing so traditional lowering springs don't work that well especially if you go really low / high spring tension rate.

My stock suspension with prog D2 springs started binding after about 14k miles. Stock mount does not have a bearing so traditional lowering springs don't work that well especially if you go really low / high spring tension rate.

It may be a bit snobby but I would say: traditional lowering springs don't work well ever (or nearly so!) Over the years I've adopted the stance of leave it alone, or do it right. Leaving it alone is cheap and hassle free, it is great.

It may be a bit snobby but I would say: traditional lowering springs don't work well ever (or nearly so!) Over the years I've adopted the stance of leave it alone, or do it right. Leaving it alone is cheap and hassle free, it is great.
I think lowering springs paired with the proper struts would be just fine...but yeah I personally would not do JUST lowering springs without stronger components to handle that ride height adjustment